+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 127 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2540

Thread: Star Wars Universe - Resurrection F

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

Why the hell is Herzog in this series ? is he a fan ?

About the episode, I'm no fan of the franchise so I didn't like it. Maybe I'll just drop this show after this episode, I don't know.

Spoiler:
    Although I liked how the Mandalorian didn't kill baby Yoda and showed empathy. At first I thought the character was gonna be a complete psycho

edit: Apparently, he's just in the show because of the "jungle" vibe of the show or something like that. He said he hadn't seen any films so he ain't a fan.

Jon Favreau approached you directly for “The Mandalorian.” Why do you think he had you in mind, and why did you say yes?
    I think there are two reasons: One, he has seen some of my performances as an actor and is completely convinced that I should be part of his new series. Second, I think it’s a bit of an homage to my films and to my storytelling and to my way of putting emphasis on world stories, fever dreams in the jungle, quasi-science fiction stories. I think he sees a kindred spirit in me.
    source: Variety
    Last edited by Nilitch; November 14th, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

Wow I'm surprised there's not more comments on this thread about the new show

I loved the first two episodes. The western atmosphere is fun. The main character is interesting and the main story has me hooked. I'm all on board.

NNID: jervinnectar

As someone with a seizure disorder, I can only say: FUCK.
    https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-sky...KC2XFBdCC43JrE

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    As someone with a seizure disorder, I can only say: FUCK.
    https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-sky...KC2XFBdCC43JrE
    Damn. Hopefully, a version you can watch comes out either by Disney or online.

Sounds like JJ ignores TLJ they truly had no idea what they were doing with trilogy.

TLJ was so horrible that I lost all interest of seeing last movie, plot of movie was leaked months ago and apparently leaks were confirmed...

I might see this movie when it comes to netflix or rental...if I get bored enough

It's a decent movie to me.

TFA was much worse since it's such a blatant recycle, riddled with inconsistencies. TLJ at least got a few nice surprises in.

But yeah, can't say I'm overly excited about the coming movie. You'd think they would have planned out the trilogy better in order to make it a coherent story. Or at least a more interesting one. Original trilogy gave us rebels vs empire. Prequels took us back to show us how it all started. And the new trilogy has us right back to rebels vs empire. So disappointing.

Been playing Jedi Fallen Order for the last week. I was already more interested in the story an hour into the game, than I was in the movies' story.
    Last edited by Razh; December 17th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I feel sort of bad for JJ. I can't think of a harder film for him to have to follow up on, not just because of fan rage, but because Rian left the characters in such weird places and didn't at all make the villains seem worthy of finishing the trilogy, thus Palpatine. Kylo just looked so pathetic at the end of TLJ, that I had no interest in seeing what would happen next. What could happen? We have ample proof that Rey is better than him at this stuff, and Hux seemed to be just as incompetent. Palpatine was not the salve that salvaged my attention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I feel sort of bad for JJ. I can't think of a harder film for him to have to follow up on, not just because of fan rage, but because Rian left the characters in such weird places and didn't at all make the villains seem worthy of finishing the trilogy, thus Palpatine. Kylo just looked so pathetic at the end of TLJ, that I had no interest in seeing what would happen next. What could happen? We have ample proof that Rey is better than him at this stuff, and Hux seemed to be just as incompetent. Palpatine was not the salve that salvaged my attention at all.
    I definitely agree that they should have planned a full story out ahead of time. Capitalism's impatience is its downfall. That being said, I don't think it would be impossible to salvage things for the third movie. Let's break it down:

1. Who are your protagonist and antagonist/deuteragonist? Rey and Kylo Ren.
    2. What are their character arcs? Rey has no legacy and seeks one, Kylo Ren has a legacy (the Solos and Skywalkers) but seeks to break free of it.
    3. Kylo is tormented by his bonds to the past, he seeks Rey to fill a void in himself.
    4. Rey is tormented by her bonds to her lack of past, she seeks to fill a void in herself.
    5. Rey and Kylo understand one another and want to fill the void in the others' hearts.
    6. Rey's crusade should be to teach Kylo Ren that he can fill the void in his heart without violence and oppression.
    7. Kylo Ren has to let go of the past.

So, how do we accomplish those things? Clearly, what we need is a dialogue between the two. This should be a segment of the film free of extraneous cutting-back-and-forth like Star Wars is so obsessed with doing. Put Rey and Kylo together on a backwater planet. Let them interact face-to-face and influence one another. Have Kylo help Rey save the indigenous people from some sort of natural event (dam breaking or hurricane, perhaps). Force Kylo Ren into situations where he is forced to confront that he can fill the void in his heart through positive actions. He can break free of the shadows of his family and be his own person.

That should easily be the focus of the first twenty-five or so minutes, give or take if you want to include an opening fighter scene that leads to the two crashing on the backwater planet. Positive feelings are like seeds, they thirst incessantly if not watered, therefore Kylo could then spend the rest of the film post-rescue consumed by conflict at his actions. "Yes, I can burn to sate my pain...but I can also protect to fill my void". Hux can then take over the First Order entirely and exile Kylo Ren for betraying them through his inaction and indecisiveness.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

I would rather have WB handle SW.

Honestly, I still miss the 20th Century Fox music at the start of each Star Wars movie.

I just rewatched Last Jedi for the first time since it came out and in my opinion it’s the only great SW movie released after 1980.

I watched Solo for the first time. It was ok. I also wanted to rewatch the How It Should Have Ended - Vid from this movie. Strange thing is, I only found the spanish version, not the english one. Any ideas?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I just rewatched Last Jedi for the first time since it came out and in my opinion it’s the only great SW movie released after 1980.
    The only thing I enjoyed about that garbage was the dynamic between Rey and Kylo.

I've rewatched all of them recently and my opinions are pretty firm. Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, and Revenge of the Sith are the only ones I'd consider great, though ESB and ANH are a lot better than ROTS. I really enjoy Episode 1 and find episode 2 to be weirdly fascinating in how it is the most emblematic of Lucas' strengths and weaknesses. TFA is a decent watch, but painfully unoriginal. TLJ, for me, is well made in some ways, but extremely unsatisfying for almost all of the characters, with an end that felt like a saturday morning cartoon. It did what I thought was impossible, made me no longer interested in the movies. As for the spin offs, Rogue One is very watchable, but unremarkable, while Solo was inoffensive, but also boring, with performances much, much worse than the original iterations. I could have lived without it, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I've rewatched all of them recently and my opinions are pretty firm. Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, and Revenge of the Sith are the only ones I'd consider great, though ESB and ANH are a lot better than ROTS. I really enjoy Episode 1 and find episode 2 to be weirdly fascinating in how it is the most emblematic of Lucas' strengths and weaknesses. TFA is a decent watch, but painfully unoriginal. TLJ, for me, is well made in some ways, but extremely unsatisfying for almost all of the characters, with an end that felt like a saturday morning cartoon. It did what I thought was impossible, made me no longer interested in the movies. As for the spin offs, Rogue One is very watchable, but unremarkable, while Solo was inoffensive, but also boring, with performances much, much worse than the original iterations. I could have lived without it, for sure.
    Return of the Jedi?

Like a better version of episode 2. Lots of Lucas's best and worst impulses on display. A satisfying ending to Luke and Vader's story, with everything else being mostly filler. A lot of it is really good filler, but some of it is not very good. Can't believe I forgot it, lol.

Hell, let's all rank them.

01 TESB
    02 ANH
    03 RoTS
    04 RoTJ
    05 TFA
    06 TPM
    07 CoC
    08 TCW
    09 BFE
    10 AotC
    11 Solo
    12 R1
    13 TLJ

Revenge of the Sith edges out Return of the Jedi for me because The Clone Wars retroactively makes it a better film.
    Last edited by Ubiq; December 17th, 2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Hell, let's all rank them.

01 TESB
    02 ANH
    03 RoTS
    04 RoTJ
    05 TFA
    06 TPM
    07 CoC
    08 TCW
    09 BFE
    10 Solo
    11 R1
    12 TLJ

Revenge of the Sith edges out Return of the Jedi for me because The Clone Wars retroactively makes it a better film.
    Is CoC supposed to be episode 2?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information