+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2324

Thread: Star Wars Universe

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Yeah Luke didn't undergo anything too major because of that plot...

...you're joking right?
    He definitely did, but in the end he escaped and rejoined the still well-off rebellion, which was what I was trying to contrast with the ending of 8.

Spoiler:

Star Wars Rebels finale aired last night. And honestly...I was disappointed by it. Which was a shame since the series had gotten a pretty good groove going with its Season 4 story arc.

Spoiler:
    The final conflict felt rather uninspired compared to other battles we've seen, hell even compared to "Jedi Night" in the middle of the season. It's just the rebels fighting stormtroopers indoors and trying to get a shield generator up. It had some of the worst instances of missed shots in the series; there were just so many instances where the rebels were charging down a narrow hallway and didn't get shot.

Rukh did add a bit of a challenge to the events, and overall I've been a fan of him this season. But I was hoping he'd go out in a bigger way considering how tenacious he's been (he's already been subject to two humiliations, after all). Honestly, it was such a waste for him and Zeb to not have a full out fight considering that the two of them have the same weapon and similar body types.

As for the Ezra stuff...it felt like such a retread, considering he was put in the exact same time travel temptation that he was two episodes ago, only with his parents now instead of Kanan. The outcome was so obvious that his hesitation was tough to get through. And...I still don't know what to think about the outcome of his confrontation with Thrawn. Yes, this will probably see a continuation in the future...but it jettisoned from this series before it could become particularly satisfactory. Thrawn didn't really display any strategic maneuvers or fighting chops when the moment of reckoning came, so it felt like his character went off with a whimper. As for the space squids, while I am glad they became relevant again, it still felt too sudden. When the Bendu came onto the scene last season, he was given enough screentime to make his actions in the finale feel natural. But here it's just the squids popping up again, which has little narrative satisfaction. I still like Ezra and Thrawn enough to look forward to seeing them again in the future, but they didn't leave this series with the bang that they deserved.

Also, Kanan and Hera's son is named Jacen? Haaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa...let's hope this one stars in a better series.

Overall, a lot of this episode felt like the series as a whole. It had sweeping ambitions, but oftentimes held back unnecessarily. I loved how closely connected the last 11 episodes were, and took the time to construct a story that I could fully get behind. So it's a shame that the series was so hesitant to commit to arc-based stories in earlier seasons, preferring to do one-off stories or spread out the episodes that tell a specific story (like Darth Maul), which weakened it considerably. And I get that season finales should be big, but it often felt like Rebels only stopped pulling its punches for those. The battle at the end of Season 3 was grandiose and exciting, and the Season 2 finale is one of the best Star Wars stories in any of its mediums. But there shouldn't have been any reason for the rest of the episodes not to feature the same level of stakes and storytelling. So yeah, Rebels was fun. I enjoyed watching it most of the time. But it didn't let its spark grow into the kind of fire it needed to be exceptional.

----

In other news, John Williams will leave the Star Wars franchise after scoring Episode IX.

What are your guys' favorite compositions of his from the series?

Spoiler:
    I think my favorite overall piece across the entire series is "The Clash of Lightsabers" from Episode V.

For the prequels, I love Battle of the Heroes from Episode III

In the sequels so far, "The Fathiers" from 8 has particularly stood out to me

Spoiler:

Assuming you want something more specific than all tracks from episodes 1 through 6...

Possibly my favorite of all is the fantastic ending for The Empire Strikes Back:
    Spoiler:

I've been listening to the Return of the Jedi score recently, and I feel compelled to mention The Battle of Endor. However, that is spread over 5 tracks and almost 40 minutes (from Emperor's Throne Room to Battle of Endor III, so I'll give my favorite parts:
    Spoiler:
    Specifically the first two or so minutes of this one...

And from 4 minutes in or so to the end of this one...

The Battle of Yavin and The Battle of Hoth are both favorites:
    Spoiler:
    Specifically 6:15 to the end of this one...

2:05 - 2:45 on this one, as well as 4:00 - 6:00

And to give the prequels love beyond Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes:
    Spoiler:
    Star Wars Battlefront II players will recognize 1:50:

Although I like the Love Pledge beginning to this one, 2:34 and on is my favorite:

And this one after the main titles, so about 1:15:

I suppose I should mention one of the few tracks from the sequel trilogy that I actually like (the others being individual themes included in this medley):
    Spoiler:

There's also the Droid Invasion, Anakin's Theme, the Asteroid Field, Burning Homestead, Binary Sunset, Escape from Cloud City/Hyperspace, Den of the Rancor, Parade of the Ewoks, The Throne Room, all unmentioned end titles from the original six films, and...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    The Force Awakens had a tentacle monster, Rogue One had a tentacle monster and now Solo has a tentacle monster. I'm pretty sure someone at Lucasfilm has a fetish.
    Coincidence?
    Spoiler:

NNID: jervinnectar

Jon Favreau will be helming a new live-action TV series

Considering recent developments, I'm wondering if the show

Spoiler:
    Will take place between Episodes 6 and 7, and focus on Ezra and Thrawn's return to the galaxy

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Jon Favreau will be helming a new live-action TV series

Considering recent developments, I'm wondering if the show

Spoiler:
    Will take place between Episodes 6 and 7, and focus on Ezra and Thrawn's return to the galaxy
    You have a better chance of that being the next animated series.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Star Wars Rebels finale aired last night. And honestly...I was disappointed by it. Which was a shame since the series had gotten a pretty good groove going with its Season 4 story arc.

Spoiler:
    The final conflict felt rather uninspired compared to other battles we've seen, hell even compared to "Jedi Night" in the middle of the season. It's just the rebels fighting stormtroopers indoors and trying to get a shield generator up. It had some of the worst instances of missed shots in the series; there were just so many instances where the rebels were charging down a narrow hallway and didn't get shot.

Rukh did add a bit of a challenge to the events, and overall I've been a fan of him this season. But I was hoping he'd go out in a bigger way considering how tenacious he's been (he's already been subject to two humiliations, after all). Honestly, it was such a waste for him and Zeb to not have a full out fight considering that the two of them have the same weapon and similar body types.

As for the Ezra stuff...it felt like such a retread, considering he was put in the exact same time travel temptation that he was two episodes ago, only with his parents now instead of Kanan. The outcome was so obvious that his hesitation was tough to get through. And...I still don't know what to think about the outcome of his confrontation with Thrawn. Yes, this will probably see a continuation in the future...but it jettisoned from this series before it could become particularly satisfactory. Thrawn didn't really display any strategic maneuvers or fighting chops when the moment of reckoning came, so it felt like his character went off with a whimper. As for the space squids, while I am glad they became relevant again, it still felt too sudden. When the Bendu came onto the scene last season, he was given enough screentime to make his actions in the finale feel natural. But here it's just the squids popping up again, which has little narrative satisfaction. I still like Ezra and Thrawn enough to look forward to seeing them again in the future, but they didn't leave this series with the bang that they deserved.

Also, Kanan and Hera's son is named Jacen? Haaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa...let's hope this one stars in a better series.

Overall, a lot of this episode felt like the series as a whole. It had sweeping ambitions, but oftentimes held back unnecessarily. I loved how closely connected the last 11 episodes were, and took the time to construct a story that I could fully get behind. So it's a shame that the series was so hesitant to commit to arc-based stories in earlier seasons, preferring to do one-off stories or spread out the episodes that tell a specific story (like Darth Maul), which weakened it considerably. And I get that season finales should be big, but it often felt like Rebels only stopped pulling its punches for those. The battle at the end of Season 3 was grandiose and exciting, and the Season 2 finale is one of the best Star Wars stories in any of its mediums. But there shouldn't have been any reason for the rest of the episodes not to feature the same level of stakes and storytelling. So yeah, Rebels was fun. I enjoyed watching it most of the time. But it didn't let its spark grow into the kind of fire it needed to be exceptional.
    I wasn't disappointed at all, it felt like it ended the way it needed to. I like that it's rather open ended so that some of those characters may get a chance to continue on in some way.

Spoiler:
    As a fan of the original Thrawn books, I prefer that they don't completely take him out of the picture, even if the events of those stories are no longer canon, I can sort of believe they do happen in an alternate reality. So Rukh isn't dead. XD

----

An end of an era, but at this point I think he's probably due to retire, I felt like he was phoning in a lot of the new stuff.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    I wasn't disappointed at all, it felt like it ended the way it needed to. I like that it's rather open ended so that some of those characters may get a chance to continue on in some way.

Spoiler:
    As a fan of the original Thrawn books, I prefer that they don't completely take him out of the picture, even if the events of those stories are no longer canon, I can sort of believe they do happen in an alternate reality. So Rukh isn't dead. XD
    I actually do like what ended up happening to them, I'm just disappointed in the buildup to it.

Spoiler:

As with most cut scenes, some of these are just a little snippet for time, a pacing thing, a line of dialogue... but I think the movie would have been better off with some of it back in.

In particular the scene with Luke and the raid, the hand biting, and the Phasma sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Aaaaaaaand it's blocked.

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

I'll probably never be able to fully accept Alden Ehrenreich's face as that of a young Han Solo (though it could be far worse), but I do really like his voice. He seems good at capturing Han's tone so far.

Spoiler:

Disney announces the new Star Wars animated series, Resistance. The show is going to be a prequel to the Force Awakens.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/...els-anime?read

"fan favorites, including [...] Captain Phasma"

WOHOOOO!!!

Hey, if Filoni could resurrect Anakin Skywalker...

That being said, though, I don't find the idea appealing at all. But perhaps given how multiple Star Wars TV shows are now in the works, the creators may be wanting to try aiming for specific demographics.

Spoiler:

Hey, maybe they'll finally give some context as to where the hell Supreme Leader Snoke came from... I mean that's still something that should have been in the movies themselves, but meh.

Yeah, hardly surprised. The movie was basically written to have animated series prequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Donald Faison in Star Wars?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

An "anime style" Star Wars? Sounds cool, but I wonder if that is legit anime or last Airbender anime. We'll see.

Putting it years before Force Awakens sounds good, and they probably have an endpoint in sight as well. If the First Order is not going to get the backstory in the movies, there is no one I trust more than Filoni to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information