+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Forced Listening Thread

Default Re: Forced Listening Thread

Kairouseki wow! Great that somebody likes this, too!
    I'm a sucker for Frank Sinatra, it's like I'm melting away with his voice.
    This charming guy + a big band is just incredible!
    And the song is a classic, EVERYONE should know it! ^^

Best Mash-up in existence...
    [youtube]-8XmhNF0Vkw&feature=related[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Wow, that scared the crap out of me lol. It's okay. I like like the low part more than the harder one though. Vocals aren't that bad~ I would love it if the hard part wouldn't be in it.
    For me, it's actually the opposite. I love the impact of the sludgy droning riff going over the softer, more innocent beginning. It creates a really nice contrast and has a great visceral feel and is also an unexpected twist. That's just me, though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairouseki View Post
    It had a pretty nice beat, but it having no lyrics kind of turned me off of it. Do all songs in that genre have no lyrics?
    Post-rock can have vocals in it, though it's generally a more atmospheric genre. You shouldn't discount things for having no vocals, since, in reality, they're just another instrument like drums, bass or guitar. It's your opinion, though, so go with what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    [youtube]-8XmhNF0Vkw&feature=related[/youtube]
    I can't say I listen to either of the mashed-up bands, so I may be missing a lot in this mashup. It was kind of fun lyric-wise. The beats in the back were okay, though nothing that I liked too much. I mean I heard a couple of the looping default tracks on electric pianos in the back. It fell a bit short after a while and the lyrics weren't quite strong enough to carry it through. I might have found it more interesting if I new the songs beforehand.

[youtube]us25VHj2dPo[/youtube]

Some good old fashioned new Cynic. Another one of my favorites from last year.
    Last edited by Wagomu; April 16th, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I really liked the guitar playing in the background and the sound of the singer(s)' voice. The chanting (that's what it sounded like) was also a nice touch.

[youtube]nWPX5nr6esM[/youtube]
    It's not like if a song has no lyrics I automatically hate it, I just prefer a song to have lyrics. And I never thought about it that way, vocals just being another instrument.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; April 16th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

I've never seen that live version of that classic song. I wish they had better live performance production, the audience is a bit loud and it goes over some of the instruments. Pretty fun, though. Can't say I liked the live vocals in the beginning, but the fiddle work and guitar work was pretty nice. I wish he would extend the fiddle solos, though, being a live version, since that's one of the things I love about live performances, bands building upon their songs rather than trying to recreate studio cuts. There was some good live feel to the song, but some of it was lost to the audience. This is quite an addictive tune, though.

[youtube]QR8UcVruNgE[/youtube]

Hmm, kinda short song (then again I'm a Beatles fan, so I'm used to it) Damn catchy tune though, and I actually wouldn't mind hearing it a second time. Only thing is, for what I suppose is supposed to be a punk rock song, it seems kind of...tame, like too quite. They need to turn up the volume.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have already heard this song, but here goes.
    [YOUTUBE]6KLweghvrZc[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I think have heard that one before. From 80's I suppose? Or at least it has the sound. It's a feel good song. Makes me want to dance (you guys don't want to see me doing my disco moves) or at least clap my hands like a monkey.

Perhaps this time I should... no, I have found my niche.
    [youtube]UxvNe761z2g[/youtube]
    Last edited by Yoska; April 17th, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

Omg, that's a great song. She has such a beautiful voice <3 I'll definately download it~ And what language is it?

Now, one of the most awesome bands ever in my opinion
    [youtube]Nu4yy9Nn75Q[/youtube]

Ehn, never was too keen on KISS. I just don't like their brand of rock and their sound. I resect them for the stage stuff, which was fairly influential, but I just don't like their music. Not a fan of the vocals or guitar and the drum and bass aren't too memorable either. Nothing stands out for me and the fade out ending doesn't help. It was fun seeing them play without makeup, though.

[youtube]zk3hoHbkZSU[/youtube]

One of my favorite recent bands, though Matt Pike's been around much longer (his work in Sleep's awesome).

Not a big Heavy Metal fan, and that being said, it really didn't do much for me. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but nothing about it really stood out to me. Just sounded like loud music with incrompehensible singing going on for 4:38. It definitely is good for what it is though, and it had a decent rhythm/beat to it.

[YOUTUBE]poUoCggQZd0[/YOUTUBE]
    This is my absolute favorite Beatles song.

So great, I love every song of The Beatles, so also this one. It's not my favorite song of them, but it is a very good one though.

[youtube]O_Iy_5FCvWQ[/youtube]
    (I used a live version of it because I think it's better then the recorded one)

I tend to fin the Foo Fighters boring overall. Nothing ever really too compelling to me. Occasionally, they've got some good drum parts, though I didn't really see any of that in this song. Didn't really go anywhere. Some more variation or more interesting sounds would have done the song some justice. I don't know if Im missing the full impact of the song in the live, since I don't know how their performances compare to their studio material, but I wasn't exactly impressed.

[youtube]wX0kiKr9WOw[/youtube]

Not a huge rap fan either, and really it just sounded like a generic rap song. Still, as a generic rap song, it was pretty good (sorry I can't give more positive reviews ^_^;). What was that talking though at the end? Was that part of the song?

[youtube]hqyc37aOqT0[/youtube]

That sounds cool, I never really listened to Gabriel before, but I like the catchy rythm.

[youtube]V9QeIxwfBes[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    What was that talking though at the end? Was that part of the song?
    For the record, it was.

QOTSA are occasionally fun with some good desert rock. I actually liked the song. A nice fuzzy feel combined with harsher riffs. I generally like a more mellow quality in my desert rock, but they pulled it off well. The solo had a nice stoner feel THe only problem I had was that they could have done the drum solo better. It just felt a bit misplaced. Overall pretty nice, though.

[youtube]24_BYwfqV4A[/youtube]

damn haven't heard that song in a while, frank sinatra is awesome.

some elton john:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRh_QjJPFM8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRh_QjJPFM8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Wrong page you were on methinks, unless Sinatra ever did death metal.

Heh, I enjoy a bit of Elton from time to time; I actually saw him live in Vegas a couple years ago, was a fun show :). As far as Holy Moses goes, it's not one of my favourites; but a good chill-out song nonetheless, with very nice piano playing to boot. Very peaceful, if not lacking the usual...flare I enjoy from him ;).

Masterplan - Spirit Never Dies
    [youtube]3FQ1gklcn_s[/youtube]
    I really do like this song. Though as a sidenote, the video is a fantastic OP AMV.

I found the song a bit cheesy like many others. It was trying to put itself on an epic scale, but ended up just using an overdone concept with overdone music. The chugging riff was okay compared to the grandiose chorus, but still rather boring. The solo felt a bit inconsistent with the song, though it was probably the best part in conjunction with the breakdown that soon followed. It's a pretty cheesy power metal ballad. I do like some power metal, but this song was kind of an example of some of the qualities I don't care for in it.

[youtube]36HG72P-RBI[/youtube]

Hmm, very interestng. I'm gonna be honest, I was doing other things while listening to it, so I was kinda distracted ^_^; So uh....

Okay, after relistening, I must say the song is definitely unique. I like all the little quirks and odd noises that go on throughout the song. Also, it's got a good tune to boot. Video was weird as hell though.

[YOUTUBE]1fMN00X3tzk[/YOUTUBE]

David Bowie is fun sometimes. I liked the weird-sounding intro, but when it went into the disco-y main riff, I wasn't quite feeling it anymore. The occasional weird vocal was nice, but not really enough to help the song for me. It started to drag really and had an overall generic feel. It's a shame since what I like, of Bowie, I really like.

[youtube]SChhLWp40Qk[/youtube]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information