+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Piece GameBoy Color Games

Default One Piece GameBoy Color Games

I've looked around a bit but I can't tell if any translation patches have been made for the old GB Color OP games or not. I'm pretty active in the ROM hacking/translating community, so I thought I'd take a look at some of them. They look like they'd be really easy to hack and translate, I did this in about five minutes:

I was just wondering if anybody's already worked on the games, if so, then that'd save me the trouble of messing with the ROMs anymore. I'm always super-insanely busy, but it's hard for me to pass up a chance to work on easy ROM translation projects

Last edited by Mato; February 28th, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece GameBoy Color Games

Well, which game is this?

I only know of two (exclusively) One Piece Game Boy games, one of which I know isn't Game Boy Color and it's not this.

EDIT: Silly me. Found it after a little search. One Piece - Maboroshi no Grand Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

I don't think anybody has touched those games, I'll be terribly grateful if you were to translate them since I love those games =)

The second one is a lot better and more fun, by the way, maybe you should do that one first if you want people to play them.

Oops, forgot to say that the pics there are from Yume no Luffy Kaizokudan Tanjou or something like that. The Maboroshi one is the sequel, which is a more traditional RPG that picks up at Loguetown.

And yeah, the second one seems a lot more fun, but I figured might as well do things in order.

So far the game's very romhacking 101-level stuff, uncompressed font, uncompressed text, uncompressed graphical text, plenty of free space to use for stuff. Guess I'll give them some more attention and see how big the scripts are before I make any promises, but I doubt they'll be as big as Mother 3's script or as complicated

Sounds pretty cool! It would be sweet,

Awesome, I'll be looking forward your project, I'll also make sure to link to Mato Piece on my website and tell people about this

Sounds cool I have a link exchange thing going on at my site, so if you want I can link back to you. I actually have to get around to finishing my site's design and making things like bannesr/buttons/etc.

Good luck with you hack! I'd be one of many happy letchers when it's out one day!
    Last edited by m00n; February 28th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

So... any news?

Please, God! I know it's a GBA game, but PLEASE could you see about translating Dragon Dream? That's one of my favorite games and I feel to be the best OP game out there. I started playing it even before I knew original OP. It would mean so much to understand it.

Sorry to bump an old thread. I'd be willing to finance, contribute or simply get the word across for the translation of the One Piece GameBoy games. The two GBC RPGS would be amazing to experience in English, seriously needs to happen!! =D

Hello,

I've been new here and I want to say that I'm also willing to contribute for a translation of the two One Piece GBC games. I've searched the whole internet and all I could find was this forum and I hope that there will be enough interest from other OP fans to make this happen :D

Anyone knows if any progress has ever been made on this? Not by Mato but in general?

Quote Originally Posted by TransPirate View Post
    Anyone knows if any progress has ever been made on this? Not by Mato but in general?
    Not that I know of.
    Maybe one of the people who helped translate the various Game Gear RPGs would be interested.

If someone could rip the scripts and translate those, it would be enough to make the games playable.
    I played through Mother 3 and Tomato Adventure with text translations.
    I'd really like to see the PSX games get translated too.

Seems that there are not that much OnePiece x Gameboy fans out there to make this happen. I still hope that one day the games will get their translation!

Hi everyone, this is my first message in this forum and Iīll use it to share with all of you the incredible work of Star Trinket Team. This guys translated the original Yume no Luffy Kaizokudan Tanjou! to english! You can find it here: https://www.startrinket.com/from-tv-...zokudan-tanjou

I hope one day the rest of One Piece games for GBC, GBA and WonderSwan will be available too. There is a lot of otakus working on rom hacks and translations, thatīs the power of nostalgia.

Oh nice! I think I played some of that back in the day, it had a great 8 bit version of Believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-kun View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first message in this forum and Iīll use it to share with all of you the incredible work of Star Trinket Team. This guys translated the original Yume no Luffy Kaizokudan Tanjou! to english! You can find it here: https://www.startrinket.com/from-tv-...zokudan-tanjou

I hope one day the rest of One Piece games for GBC, GBA and WonderSwan will be available too. There is a lot of otakus working on rom hacks and translations, thatīs the power of nostalgia.
    This link expired. Any chance Star Trinket has a new one? I'd love to check this out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information