+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Default Re: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    Even NOVELS were too slow an output, the author died before he could finish!
    That's messed up. And it's not like he died of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    That's messed up. And it's not like he died of old age.
    He *did* die of old age though. He wasn't hit by a truck, he died of a natural illness that came upon him at 58. Its not a long lifetime, but its not a short one either. He had cancer, and he knew it way in advance. I was aware he was ill and could pass away at any time when *I* started reading the series in 2000, even then the plan was in place for him to have detailed notes for his family to finish off if anything happened. I don't doubt that he worked as much as he could on the series till the end trying to finish, but the point remains, and not to be morbid or in bad taste, the series, in the purest most straightforward expediant easy to produce non-graphic format available, STILL took longer to tell than the author lived.

What chance wold any ongoing production with artists and cotrs and producers do? The Harry Potter films had to replace Dumbledore after the actor died 2 movies in. Television shows rotate actors out after a few seasons. Batman can't go two movies in a row with the same female co-star. The voices on the ninja turtles changed between 2 and 4 times per turtle in the course of the series. Long running material has trouble keeping consistency, it is how it is.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Still a joke, and in bad taste IMO. Anyway, I am slowly moving along in book 10; Perrin just cut a Stone Dog's hand off!

Still a joke, and in bad taste IMO. Anyway, I am slowly moving along in book 10; Perrin just cut a Stone Dog's hand off!
    It wasn't intended as a joke, it was a statement of fact. Just because I'm usually smarmy and sarcastic....

YOU interpreted it as a joke, so YOU'RE the one applying bad taste to it.

,,,and I'm just gonna let it go, becaus eit only grows in badness the more its brought up

Don't doubt american animation. Remember the 90s we had stuff put out real fast.

Oh? Like what?

(Simpsons doesn't count)

LOVE AND PEACE

Gaygoyles, Batman TAS, Superman, Ducktales, Cow and CHicken, Powerpuff Girls, Batman Beyond, Ed Edd Eddy, Dexter's Lab, pretty much every disney movie from the 90s, etc.

I don't think any of those managed to get past 100 episodes though.

Besides, I said fast. Those series were on for years and would probably only put out 13 -26 episodes a year average. That's incredibly slow in comparison.
    Last edited by tarrin4ever; February 7th, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

LOVE AND PEACE

the 80s were the era of massive animation, where a first time out season of a show for syndication would get 65 episodes, and a second season would warrant another 65. Heman and Thundercats and Transformers and GI Joe had 150-200 episodes apiece!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Also can I ask you what Anime has over 100 episodes. Don't say One Piece, DBZ, or Sgt. Frog those have terrible animation repeats. Most Anime I know have at least 26-80 eps tops. Tell me something that's at least 100 episodes and it's animation is fluid and clean.

I take everything back.

Blast!! I really want to start Book 11! Won't be here until Wednesday. Might have to get from the library again >_<;

A few things I wanted to bring up (forgot a few). I really like how Jordan includes perspectives (good and bad) throughout the story. Were it not for that, I would hate Tuon. Since he had it, everytime I want to get mad at her behavior, I remember how she talks --when she was introduced on the ship -- about (in her head) how she spent years honing her mind to be sharp, and how she was upset at her "future" that the damane gave her. It's interesting that damane can tell the future but not heal, Aes Sedai can heal (poorly) and not tell the future, and Aes Sedai (of legends) think a ton of stuff is impossible but can do the rest infinitely better than the previously mentioned.

Also, I want to believe that Noal and Logain are good, but I keep getting the feeling both are bad in their own way. I really want to like Logain, but then there is that whole "glory" thing and him stepping over Rand laughing in that (Egwene's?) dream. As for Noal, he knows way too much (especially about Shara and the Prophesies) to be a common Darkfriend, but then again he was spying on Jaichim Carradin and willing to follow Matt after the gholam incident. Perhaps he is another "hero" or "character" reborn that is from the stories...? Like Jain Farstrider and Birgitte.

Blast!! I really want to start Book 11! Won't be here until Wednesday. Might have to get from the library again >_<;

A few things I wanted to bring up (forgot a few). I really like how Jordan includes perspectives (good and bad) throughout the story. Were it not for that, I would hate Tuon. Since he had it, everytime I want to get mad at her behavior, I remember how she talks --when she was introduced on the ship -- about (in her head) how she spent years honing her mind to be sharp, and how she was upset at her "future" that the damane gave her. It's interesting that damane can tell the future but not heal, Aes Sedai can heal (poorly) and not tell the future, and Aes Sedai (of legends) think a ton of stuff is impossible but can do the rest infinitely better than the previously mentioned.

Also, I want to believe that Noal and Logain are good, but I keep getting the feeling both are bad in their own way. I really want to like Logain, but then there is that whole "glory" thing and him stepping over Rand laughing in that (Egwene's?) dream. As for Noal, he knows way too much (especially about Shara and the Prophesies) to be a common Darkfriend, but then again he was spying on Jaichim Carradin and willing to follow Matt after the gholam incident. Perhaps he is another "hero" or "character" reborn that is from the stories...? Like Jain Farstrider and Birgitte.
    No one knows if Jain Farstrider is dead. A common theory is that Noal is Jain.

Quote Originally Posted by mkoopman View Post
    No one knows if Jain Farstrider is dead. A common theory is that Noal is Jain.
    Really? I haven't read book 11 yet, but I don't see any reason to believe it yet outside the traveling a lot and story telling. Makes sense, I suppose. I don't remember the descriptions (if any) of Jain Farstrider enough to say. He's like Logain to me. I really want to like him, but I am scared he will turn into a Darkfriend or something like everyone else in the series. CANT TRUST....ANYONE!!

So... anybody know any good Aiel jokes?

LOVE AND PEACE

Really? I haven't read book 11 yet, but I don't see any reason to believe it yet outside the traveling a lot and story telling. Makes sense, I suppose. I don't remember the descriptions (if any) of Jain Farstrider enough to say. He's like Logain to me. I really want to like him, but I am scared he will turn into a Darkfriend or something like everyone else in the series. CANT TRUST....ANYONE!!
    The theory that Noal is Jain basically stems from a very revealing chapter in the eleventh book where Noal muses on the personality and actions of Jain Farstrider, in a way that heavily implies that he's Jain. Or at least his cousin, or something like that. So if you see no reason to believe it yet, that you haven't read Knife of Dreams is probably why.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

It's interesting that damane can tell the future but not heal, Aes Sedai can heal (poorly) and not tell the future, and Aes Sedai (of legends) think a ton of stuff is impossible but can do the rest infinitely better than the previously mentioned.
    There is a few Foretellers in the white tower, most noteably the queen witch herself Elaida, though she tends to put her own slant oh hers and misses the point completly.

Egwene also has much more accurate dreams, mainly because she waits instead of forcing them.

Once your done I suggest you check out http://www.wotmania.com/index.asp. It's FAQ and theory post are must reads. And don't neglect the humorous theorys. http://www.wotmania.com/theorypostdb...Category=Humor is a personal favorite.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Haggis View Post
    There is a few Foretellers in the white tower, most noteably the queen witch herself Elaida, though she tends to put her own slant oh hers and misses the point completly.
    I was mainly referring to their seeming ability to ALL read the future upon request. Not the "Talent" of Foretelling, where the person doesn't remember what they said or does but it "comes upon them"; or for that matter Dreaming/Wolf Dream and their foretelling ability. I am referring -- specifically -- to Tuon's comment during her intro portion of one of the books where she says "everyone knows a damane can tell your fortune..."; initially I took that as a lie or misunderstanding of some sort, but apparently the "fortune" she was so upset about was getting kidnapped by and/or married to Matt. Of course she seems to be happy and/or resigned to the idea now, if not obvious about it...

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Ah. Frankly I wouldn't say all the future. Their foretellings are a bit more complex, but still very vague. I mean the foretelling Tuon had didn't say much, just gave clues about mat.

From what I got thier foretelling isn't stronger or more accurate then the white tower's but it is much more common. They may be able to trigger it, but I don't think they can pick what they get.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information