+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Meh to the Shy-face or whatever. Can't he walk around as himself instead of sending out little feeble Forsaken yet? Get to some carnage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

All I know is he's made whole rooms and hallways disappear and show up in other parts of a castle just to mess with people. Now THAT is evil.

LOVE AND PEACE

He didn't control Ishmael, did he? I thought Ishmael was just a loon. And even moreso a loon after Luff-- Rand cut him off from the Dark One's dark black cord of evil anti-insanity matter. He's still kind of loon as Moridin too. Well, substitute "loon" for "highly devoted to the Great Lord of the Dark". Am I a Darkfriend for that?

Yes, you're right.

There's been a lot of Faile chasing between now and when that happened, so my memory isn't as clear.

I must now make an anonymous call to my local chapter of The Children of the Light. Darkfriend!

LOVE AND PEACE

I never knew they had comics for this series. I would loved to see them (unfortunately, dont know where to borrow them...and I assume there isn't any online, right)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    I never knew they had comics for this series. I would loved to see them (unfortunately, dont know where to borrow them...and I assume there isn't any online, right)?
    Yeah, but only for the prequel, "A New Spring".

Did anyone know that WoT is not only getting a movie, but an MMO. This is going to be utter fail since this game has like what? Two races?

Well, there's normal, Seanchan, Aiel, Sea Folk, and Ogier. If you count different races of humans as different races for the game, there should be enough to build an MMO out of. And that's if you don't count channelers seperately, as mages or something.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

I'm not sure how I like different bring race of humans in the game. It didn't work to well for age of conan. But there the option of going the evil way and being a shadowspawn.

Gotta admit I would love to play as an Ogier or an wolfbrother.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Playable Myrddraals, and I'm there.

LOVE AND PEACE

I would probably be a damane...........................what?

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I would probably be a damane...........................what?
    IN that case I'd probably be the Sul'dam!

Wow... this got disturbing fast.

(And everybody who's never read the books before is confused as fuck right now. Haha, inside joke.)

LOVE AND PEACE

I never read any of the novels, so excuse me if I'm being silly, but couldn't they just adapt the first book to a film and leave it to that? Instead of trying to adapt all the books?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska View Post
    I never read any of the novels, so excuse me if I'm being silly, but couldn't they just adapt the first book to a film and leave it to that? Instead of trying to adapt all the books?
    No, because unlike most fantasy series, the stories aren't self contained, its one big ginormous story. First book is *the* most self contained of the bunch, and even it ends on half a dozen cliffhangers and dangling plot threads and one really BIG promise, and the second book ends on more, and major arcs that start in book 8 don't get resolved till book 11. Even as a tv series on HBO, with one season per book, it'd never make it because that'd be like... 12 years. NEVER happen.

Also, Hollywood always WANTS to make successful trilogies+ like Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter, but nothing else has caught on. Golden COmpass, Lemony Snicket, Eragon, Narnia, etc. are all done with the intent of making more in a series. There's no way they'd go to the time and expense of doing the start of a series without the hope it would do well enough to branch out into more, but no one is dumb enough to believe a random continuous franchise will work for 12 movies.

Hell, even Harry Potter is edited to only a fraction of the story and none of the characterization or subplots, and its pretty light for the most part.

The books for their sheer size, scope and character count are absolutley unfilmable.

Now, a Song of Fire and Ice... *THAT* is gonna be an interesting TV series.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

If they did make a filmt hat would be the most likely choice the first three at the most after they become two complicated.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I'd rather read than watch a bunch of movies - no matter how long it takes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Dear lord, this post is going to come back and haunt me one day.

It might have just been my twisted fanboy youth, but way back when I first read the first couple of books...

I had this crazy idea that it would actually make for a good anime.

NOW HOLD ON!

This was many years ago, I was young and foolish, and I had just really started watching anime at the time.

But still, given the way the story is presented, certain elements of the narrative, it really wasn't that much of a far fetched idea at the time.

We got:

a. Huge story, which can easily be broken down into "story arcs".

b. A large number of main characters, with an insane amount of side characters.

c. Magical battles which tends to more often than not turn into full blown "beam clashes".

d. Copious amounts of swordplay.

e. Fan service (oh yes! even in text form, there is fan service present.)

f. Multiple pairings over the course of the series. (though how you could sell polygamy to a Japanese audience, I have no idea.)

And like some of you said earlier in the thread, there's little to no chance that these stories would ever be able to be produced as a movie series, or even a live action TV show. And American produced animation goes so painfully slow in it's production that's it unrealistic that they'd ever be able to pull it off.

So you must wonder, what other medium would be capable of telling a story that could go well beyond hundreds of episodes, manage to juggle that many characters and subplots, and be produced and distributed in the quickest and most consistent manner?

But lets be realistic, we all know that'll never happen in a million years. We're more likely to have a sitcom based on Dune before that would ever happen.

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    And American produced animation goes so painfully slow in it's production that's it unrealistic that they'd ever be able to pull it off.

So you must wonder, what other medium would be capable of telling a story
    Even NOVELS were too slow an output, the author died before he could finish! Nothing else stands a chance.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    Even NOVELS were too slow an output, the author died before he could finish! Nothing else stands a chance.
    Ahhh, god that's funny. I am so going to hell for laughing at that.

LOVE AND PEACE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information