+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I'm torn between Mat and Rand. I get so bored with Perrin. He is so incredibly over the top emo it drives me up the walls. At least Rand and Mat suck it up and take action. The dude sits around whining and tying knots in a leather cord all day. "I'm gonna go pout in the snow and freeze half to death so the hottest woman in the world outside of Lanfear caresses my naked body; then, when I wake up, I will be pissed off at her for it." As if Faile wasn't the single most annoying character in the entire series...

For as much romance as Jordon put into his books, he really wasn't terribly good at it. I swear Lan and Nyaneve fell in love completley off camera in book 1, but maybe rereading it would give some more clues. Mat and Perrin both end up with girls they seem to absolutley loathe. I realize the funnest relationships are always the spiteful "they'll NEVER get along" types... but...

The three main characters are all interesting in their own turns. I like Perrin because he has the whole Wolf thing going on, but hten he's totally absent for a book, and then the entirety of like four books its like his only purpose in life is to go "Faile's been kidnapped. Gotta save Faile. Faile's been kidnapped. Gotta save Faile." And he's so singleminded about ti that it IS irritating. Matt is great for the dice and luck and the freewheeling, and he has the most interesting arunning around goofiness cast and has fun with Thom... and Rand... well, Rand is kinda the plot mover. At least his romantic entanglements move a little more realistically, but...

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Rand's just a giant walking wang.
    ...wow. That's quotable. If this weren't a OP forum wher ehte joke would go over like every head....

Tried to get ahold of you on AIM to share this Dirt Monkey, but to no avail. Oh well, I'll try putting it up the way Brennen seems to do for everything. Here's hoping I'm doing this right... I couldn't match the suheer audacity of Brennen's version, so... I went a different direction after finding a headshot at the proper angle...

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    Tried to get ahold of you on AIM to share this Dirt Monkey, but to no avail. Oh well, I'll try putting it up the way Brennen seems to do for everything. Here's hoping I'm doing this right... I couldn't match the suheer audacity of Brennen's version, so... I went a different direction after finding a headshot at the proper angle.
    No. That is definitely more awesome than mine. Niiiice! People still talk on aim?

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

I admit Perrin was kind of dull in the later half, but A) that was a very slow part of the series. They went from crossing the map in a few dozen chapters to have so many separate plot lines that they only had time to go a couple of miles per book.

And hey his wife was kidnapped, and he had to deal with a lot of A-holes (well at least that one annoying officer and the prophet) and he wasn't allowed to break their skulls in. If he was that sub plot would have finished in one book.

And you got to admit he was awesome when he took over that torture secession.

So what are you looking forward to in the next book? I can't wait to see Mat's rescue mission. Also I can't wait to see all the main characters meet again. So much has happened since they were last together I just want to see thier reactions to it. I mean only Rand knows Perrin is lord of two rivers, and how will the others react to finding out Mat is married and a prince or that Rand has three wives?

Oh and a prediction. The false dragon (not Logan, but the one in charge of the black tower) once he turns on the good guys he going to be killed with a normal everyday sword. I'm not sure who do the stabty action, but ever since he tried to fire the black tower's swordmaster I been sure of it.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

I'm mostly looking forward to the final confrontation with the Dark One, Moridin and the rest of the Cho-F-forsaken. *sweat drop.*

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    Tried to get ahold of you on AIM to share this Dirt Monkey, but to no avail. Oh well, I'll try putting it up the way Brennen seems to do for everything. Here's hoping I'm doing this right... I couldn't match the suheer audacity of Brennen's version, so... I went a different direction after finding a headshot at the proper angle...

Man, that was you? I can't remember what you said as a greeting, but it made me go straight to the block button.

On that note.

GO LUFFY GO

People still talk on aim?
    Shut your trap.
    Last edited by dirt monkey AL; February 1st, 2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: I'M A PEOPLE TOO
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

No. That is definitely more awesome than mine. Niiiice! People still talk on aim?
    Yours had the sheer audacity of poorly drawn Luffy on top of a fully painted cover, which is pretty amusing in and of itself. And yes, AIM is way useful for keeping track of people, far more so that phones, cause you see immediatley whenever a person is on and theres no long distance charges....

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Man, that was you? I can't remember what you said as a greeting, but it made me go straight to the block button.
    It was along the lines of "Hello? Dirt monkey AL? Hi, this is Robby. I have another picture for you. It is both awesome and awful." Which I guess, in retrospect, might be a liiiitle creepy and wierd unexpectadley out of the blue... Maybe I should have mention "from Arlong Park" in there... Or "robbybevard" instead of just "Robby"... Or maybe its because my screenname is "MrNoying" which just immediatley sounds like a spambot....

On that note.

GO LUFFY GO
    I seriously hadn't PLANNED on going with Afro Luffy but... I was looking for a color shot where his head was already at that angle and... well... now it is what it is. glad you like it.

Do you think you could tkae the Luffy and Rand comparison a notch further, and say "Luffy is just a giant walking wang." That way, its quotable and approppriate for these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Haggis View Post
    that was a very slow part of the series. They went from crossing the map in a few dozen chapters to have so many separate plot lines that they only had time to go a couple of miles per book.
    Thats probably why the developed magic portal transportation, to get around that problem... doesn't change the fact that the later books were so crammed with subplots as to, yes, be at a snail's crawl. Book 10 especially.

So what are you looking forward to in the next book?
    Laying down, hiding under some covers with cookies and milk by my side for like three days and just reading 1,300+ pages in one go, thus capping of a series I've been reading for 10 years. Assuming the last book ends up being the last book, anyway... the takeover writer is saying it might just be sheerly impractical to go with THAT many pages... Supposedly the wordcount at this point is pretty much double even the longest book in the series thus far...
    Last edited by Robby; February 1st, 2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. And also don't put new pararaphs between the A and the S
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

HAHAHA, most hilarious pic I ever seen...but anyway, am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if Peter Jackson did this as a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    HAHAHA, most hilarious pic I ever seen...but anyway, am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if Peter Jackson did this as a movie?
    No. Jackson did a good job with Rings, but also ripped it apart in adapting it, nd it was pretty straightforward.

Wheel of time will never work as a movie franchise. Too many plotthreads, and too many pages. If the uber successful Harry Potter movies can't even merit a 3 hour running time and have to cut ever plot thread thats character development related, then theres no way this massive 12 book bajillion page series would work. at all.

Even freaking NARNIA is having trouble making it to movie 3. Not going to happen, and it shouldn't happen.

Hey there's a thread on WoT! Cool.

Yeah no way a movie or movies is going to work. But what about as a tv series? One season per book or something like that.

And not that I like her character, but what do you guys think about Egwene, the only female main cast left from Emmond Field. The braid tugger has fallen out of the main cast since being married and subordinate to few iron willed Aes Sedai.

One of thing I enjoyed was the prophecies Jordan included in the early books, do you think he a had a complete version of it and if they will ever publish it?

Nynaeve? Subordinate? Maybe to hunky hubby, but the last thing I remember her doing was pulling strings instead of her braid.

^^If that is true then, how about a series about it?

But form what I heard that would be a lot like that other show...the sword of truth (which some people liked it, but most didn't, and of course I'll be seeing why, since I did got recently for free the first book)

I would love a wheel of time series, maybe an anime or a cartoon. Both those would be awesome.

Yeah, no. If there were ever a series, I'd prefer something Live-Action.

And not with Anthony Hopkins as much as I love the man.

I like how my favorite actors are old guys.

If it was live action, explain how the One power could possibly be manipulated. Besides at least animated allows for manipulating realism. Plus it's less expensive than Cg-i effects and don't forget the many stage props and green screen, etc.

Which is why I never want to see it televised or any such nonsense. I don't even like the comics, really. I prefer to keep the imagination in my head, and pick and choose which artwork I like or don't like. Again, any artwork out there that people like on the series?

Edit: A few that I have liked:
    Last edited by brennen.exe; February 2nd, 2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: A good amount of them are from the same person...

Matt, Fain and Rand are my favorites simply because they're exactly as I envisioned them. Oh and the

"Asha'man kill!!!!" scene was one of the best things I ever read in Lord of Chaos, if that was on my screen, oh God I would gap in amazement.

NOT REAL NONE OF THEM HAVE ARMS CROSSED UNDER BREASTS

I'm really liking the ones of Aiel and Faile for some reason though.

If there's one thing I appreciate most in the series, is he really gave us some truly evil antagonists. Before reading this, I didn't think you could trump the Dark Lord Sauron in terms of unholy terror trying to worm his way into the world. Then they had to bring in Shai'tan (ooh crap, I mean Baalzamon!)

He wasn't so threatening at first when they introduce him as a dude with eternal flames within his eyes and mouth, and getting punked by the hero in the very first book. Then they say, "Oh, that wasn't even him really. He was just possessing one of his disciples."

Hoo Crap!!

This guy has all the perceived horror of christian Satan, but was made equal to the creator of the world. So there's no Bible guaranteeing his eventual defeat.

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    If there's one thing I appreciate most in the series, is he really gave us some truly evil antagonists. Before reading this, I didn't think you could trump the Dark Lord Sauron in terms of unholy terror trying to worm his way into the world. Then they had to bring in Shai'tan (ooh crap, I mean Baalzamon!)

He wasn't so threatening at first when they introduce him as a dude with eternal flames within his eyes and mouth, and getting punked by the hero in the very first book. Then they say, "Oh, that wasn't even him really. He was just possessing one of his disciples."

Hoo Crap!!

This guy has all the perceived horror of christian Satan, but was made equal to the creator of the world. So there's no Bible guaranteeing his eventual defeat.
    You fool! You've doomed us all!

Seriously though, when we read him as the evil frightening voice I really was shaking at how bad ass he was. To think Lews Therin stopped that.

OMG GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS FACEPALM WORTH NEWS!
    Last edited by NamiGivesMeNoseBleeds; February 2nd, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information