+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1830

Thread: Adventure Time!

Default Re: Adventure Time!

2018? I wonder if CN could really commit showing 2 seasons of this show in that timeframe, given how long it took to even get to end of Season 7.

Either way, I kinda figured it was going to end at either season 9 or 10. Especially since this season in particular wrapped up a few character arcs and redeemed quite alot. Hoping whatever the crew has in plan is good.

Yeah. I really like the show, but I'm glad to hear it's finally ending. The show has already lost most of its momentum and interest and I would hate for it to become another Simpsons or Spongebob. Still, here's hoping that the last 50-odd episodes manage to be really fun and satisfying.

Also, I think we're supposed to get a movie at some point.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    2018? I wonder if CN could really commit showing 2 seasons of this show in that timeframe, given how long it took to even get to end of Season 7.
    I don't doubt it. They managed to blast through 26 episodes of Steven Universe in two months

I haven't been into this show in a while but I would be glad to see a proper ending. I want to see the AT team work on something new, but idk if Pen will ever be back

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Holy shit to the whole two parter.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Yeah that was...interesting. Tho is it just a 2-parter? That second one just kinda...stopped.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Yeah that was...interesting. Tho is it just a 2-parter? That second one just kinda...stopped.
    Yep. Preboot and Reboot were the Season 7 finale.

The next arc is Adventure Time Islands.

Spoiler:
    Finn finally got his robo arm!
    Last edited by Conekiller; December 12th, 2016 at 08:48 PM.
    [

Exiting!

Also. About Martin's flashback back in the episode "The Visitor"

Really stocked for Islands!

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

The world needs more James Baxter The Horse

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

New episodes this week were pretty good.

Also, the entire Islands miniseries has leaked online and I just finished watching it. All I'll say is that you'll probably find it more satisfying than Stakes.

Treetrunks mother of alien hybrids is probably the strangest episode of Adventure Time. By Adventure Time standards.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Treetrunks mother of alien hybrids is probably the strangest episode of Adventure Time. By Adventure Time standards.
    It was extremely strange. I just couldn't get over it. So much so that I spent hours googling related things and found this:
    http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/excepti...rising--249118

Watched some of the islands stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Damn, I was so thrown off by the sudden Swedish in one of the episodes.

New mini series. It's called Elements.

Starts April 24th, although there might be news of CN releasing a physical version early(I'm just guessing based off CN's decisions lately)

Its so weird that they're regularly changing the intro *now* 7 years in. As a result it always sounds weird when they switch out the names.

Oh well, Ice King and Betty in the last season maybe we can finally resolve some things.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The whole of Elements is out online.

Spoiler:
    What a strange strange special. I wish the ending for Betty was a bit more conclusive, but now it's another thread up in the air again. At the same time, I think they pointed towards some resolution with her and Simon in the idea of accepting him as he is. I'm not sure that's the direction they're sticking with either, since they played both sides of it, but it puts whatever conclusion there is for Ice King into question.

The best part of the special was def all of the elemental character redesigns. They were a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to bring back a whole bunch of characters (Party Pat was the biggest surprise cameo for me). The landscapes were great, too. Visually this is peak Adventure Time. Plot-wise, I think Islands was definitely stronger. We didn't really learn much about the elementals or Patience St. Pim and Ice King. I think it was mostly an excuse to have fun with the designs, and the individual episodes were still pretty fun. Also, while the stuff with LSP was somewhat fun, I think the idea of her being the anti-elemental was a bit forced. Despite my issues with the plotting, there were a lot of great moments, like the assimilation into Slime Princess, the creepy scene with the candy song, and the emotional arc of Betty in general was pretty solid, if inconclusive.

My fave ep of the bunch was Cloudy. Even though it didn't have the visual flair of the others, it was a really good Finn and Jake ep, tying their emotional arcs into things, which I thought gave some important perspective. It looks like we'll be getting some focus on them soon, too, with Jake's alien origins coming into the spotlight again. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. Elements, though? Pretty good. Better than Stakes, not as good as Islands, quality Adventure Time.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Just finished watching Elements myself

Spoiler:
    Maybe it's because I watched the second half all in one go, but I felt like the second half was stronger than the first half of the story line. Of course, there was a lot more going on in that we got to see all the different sections of Ooo, the stakes were raised with Jake's absorption and Betty's betrayal, and of course the LSP stuff. Overall, I have to agree that it was better than Stakes, but not as good as Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Spoiler:
    My fave ep of the bunch was Cloudy. Even though it didn't have the visual flair of the others, it was a really good Finn and Jake ep, tying their emotional arcs into things, which I thought gave some important perspective. It looks like we'll be getting some focus on them soon, too, with Jake's alien origins coming into the spotlight again. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. Elements, though? Pretty good. Better than Stakes, not as good as Islands, quality Adventure Time.
    Spoiler:
    I guess I'm impatient or something, cause I'm of the opposite opinion in that I think it was the weakest episode of the batch. Yeah, I get what they were trying to do and be more introspective, but I feel like maybe it would've worked better as a stand-alone episode. As it is, it just stopped the overarching story line dead in its tracks. Also, while it had the meaningful introspective stuff, a lot of it felt kinda slow and filler-y.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Man, I just did a rewatch of I Remember You on a whim and damn that was a powerful episode. Still makes me cry like a baby. It definitely makes me think twice about the idea of Simon's ending needing to be acceptance. I forgot how painfully they wrote his perspective on turning.

It's making me reflect on the nature of Adventure Time, too. We're sort of almost at the end here with one more season after this one left, and it's been a hell of a ride. A lot of it's been undermined by Cartoon Network's terrible practices with airing their own shows. Between that, Steven Universe taking over my attention with its more coherent narrative, and some significant changing of the guard with AT's staff, Adventure Time sort of fell to the back of my mind, which is unfortunate. When I think about it, this has really been a unique and amazing show for a lot of reasons. Its premise was pretty creative by itself, it helped bring serial narrative into western kids cartoons, and the staff served as a creative hotbed for a lot of writers and artists to grow and share whatever strange ideas they had. Rebecca Sugar is a prime example of the latter point, since her music was encouraged, became the backbone of I Remember You, and helped fuel the experience that is Steven Universe.

The unfortunate drawback of AT's diverse creativity has been an inconsistency in writing throughout the series. I feel like the tone of the Ice King's story has never been quite the same as it was back in I Remember You. I think that, while Rebecca Sugar might have had a clear idea on what to do with him when boarding that episode, I don't think the remaining staff has ever really picked up on it. Some other plot and character threads have really gone back and forth and/or ended up in limbo, too (Flame Princess comes to mind immediately, but PB's undergone a more vigorous back and forth with her character). Like I hinted at above, this weakness in narrative has made me forget about a lot of the series, since the threads aren't that easy to keep track of, and some aren't worth following. Still, without this mutable aspect of the show, it would never have hit the inspiring peaks it did.

When I look back at Adventure Time, I feel a need to appreciate just how different and strange the individual episodes can get. The same show has generated stories that are really funny, tense, emotional, philosophical, and experimental in nature. It's a shame that I've let so much of it slip from memory, and I know that I'm not alone. The viewership, ratings, and general hype of the show have been slipping since somewhere along the sixth season. I just think that it's worth remembering just how cool of a show this has been, and still is. Elements proves that Adventure Time is still willing to transform into something new. I love this show and I'm looking forward to seeing what else it can do while it has the chance.

I think I rambled a few circles there, but I'm getting kind of hyped to rewatch a bunch of AT episodes now. Just wanted to share some maybe partly coherent thoughts I've been having.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I missed Ice King SO. DAMN. MUCH! He's been absent for the past two seasons (understandably, it's not like there is much room to develop him now except turning him back to Simon - something I want to avoid as long as possible), I start almost each episode in the next batches being disappointed by realizing he would be focused again. So just his presence alone was enough to make Elements for me - and I was particularly happy with the possibility of his conclusion being people accepting him as he is instead of reverting him back to what he was millennia ago.

But the whole season is being amazing. After Stakes I wasn't really excited about the miniseries, but Island was AT at its finest.

Watched it. Loved it. I have to sort my feelings on Betty. I wish we get the development on the princecess before the ending.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information