View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
884. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

322 36.43%
  • hmmm..maybe

237 26.81%
  • No!

325 36.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 307 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6128

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; November 15th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

It says they're thinking of doing it, nothing is for sure confimed
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Okay okay i changed it to finally (potentially). Its pretty much confirmed tho. The question is whether they start adapting them during Wano or after

That's great news!

If they'll do it during Wano that could make for potentially great filler offshoots, however it would be a bit strange if they'll do if for characters that were already reintroduced into the main story(Hatchen, Jinbei, CP9/CP0, Baroque Works etc), but who knows maybe theyll be able to make it work with the narrator recapping the events in some way.

Another thing that comes into question is how much from them they'll be able to use for a 25 minute episode, will they seperate them in two halves or are they going to extend them with a lot of filler?

It's an interesting development.
    Last edited by Greenness; November 16th, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

Skippy, thank you!

Question: Are you fine with (Ichikawa's) corrections on sakuga scenes? Everytime i rewatch the sakuga moments in whole cake island, i feel confused as to why Ichikawa decided to correct certain frames. For example, Shida's Germa 66 scene or Tomita and Ishizuka's works.
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; November 18th, 2019 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Question: Are you fine with (Ichikawa's) corrections on sakuga scenes? Everytime i rewatch the sakuga moments in whole cake island, i feel confused as to why Ichikawa decided to correct certain frames. For example, Shida's Germa 66 scene or Tomita and Ishizuka's works.
    Well, I don't have a problem with Ichikawa correcting some of the close-ups as long as you can still recognize the KA behind a scene (and because I love Ichikawa's art).

But I would understand that some of the frustration about drawing over really talented KA's work at all, when you have lesser good art being untouched. But maybe that's due to making choices because the schedule ya know.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Art for a Wano Arc event in Shibuya by Yoshihiko Umakoshi
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

UMAKOSHI!!!!!! It's beautiful. Are we witnessing the beginning of a possible involvement with the anime. Can i have hopes and dreams? (I'm aware that he did the law cut in the op btw).

UMAKOSHI!!!!!! It's beautiful. Are we witnessing the beginning of a possible involvement with the anime. Can i have hopes and dreams? (I'm aware that he did the law cut in the op btw).
    Not likely. Umakoshi is character designer for two different projects right now: HeroAca's series and movie as well as the upcoming movie for Ojamajo Doremi!
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Not likely. Umakoshi is character designer for two different projects right now: HeroAca's series and movie as well as the upcoming movie for Ojamajo Doremi!
    I didnt mean right now. I think there's a possibility for him to join in the final battles

One Piece upcoming episodes' staff:

Ep. 914:
    Episode director: Yasunori Koyama (***1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Masahiro Shimanuki (**1/2)

Ep. 915:
    Episode director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation supervisor: Shigefumi Shingaki (*1/2)

Ep. 916:
    Episode director: Yet unknown
    Storyboard: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Shuichi Ito (****)

Episodes 914 and 915 are gonna be insane.

Every once in a while I misread "Nakashima" as "Nakamura" and get very confused.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The episode would turn out in 4D if Yutaka Nakamura ever directed and/or boarded one.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalDragon View Post
    The episode would turn out in 4D if Yutaka Nakamura ever directed and/or boarded one.
    Lmao...you aint lying, that would be insane.

Btw why do you think episode 915 is gonna be insane?

Given that a hypercube is a fourth dimensional object I think you may be on to something.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Lmao...you aint lying, that would be insane.

Btw why do you think episode 915 is gonna be insane?
    Well, both episodes are gonna cover:

Spoiler:
    the Luffy vs Kaido fight

The series director, Tatsuya Nagamine, said in an interview that it's something he'll concentrate a lot of efforts on. More recently, regular animator Tu Yong-ce has also stated that the following episodes (plural) are gonna have high quality producitons, comparable to episode 870.

Top tier animators like Bahi JD, a highly renowned animator in the japanese industry who worked on series such as One-Punch Man, Blade Runner, Space Dandy and Fate/Apocrypha, as well as new young rising talent Takeshi Maenami, both have teased their involvement in these upcoming One Piece episodes on multiple occasions now.

Here's some of their respective works:

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/105468

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/106880

So yeah, I think it's very safe to assume that these episodes are gonna be a sight to behold.

Well, both episodes are gonna cover:

Spoiler:
    the Luffy vs Kaido fight

The series director, Tatsuya Nagamine, said in an interview that it's something he'll concentrate a lot of efforts on. More recently, regular animator Tu Yong-ce has also stated that the following episodes (plural) are gonna have high quality producitons, comparable to episode 870.

Top tier animators like Bahi JD, a highly renowned animator in the japanese industry who worked on series such as One-Punch Man, Blade Runner, Space Dandy and Fate/Apocrypha, as well as new young rising talent Takeshi Maenami, both have teased their involvement in these upcoming One Piece episodes on multiple occasions now.

Here's some of their respective works:

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/105468

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/106880

So yeah, I think it's very safe to assume that these episodes are gonna be a sight to behold.
    I'm sorry you had to write all that. I didnt clarify what i meant. I said "why" because i assumed only 914 would cover that particular chapter. I dont remember Tu Yong-ce saying two episodes specifically but if he did say "plural" maybe he meant 913 and 914? Also thank you for informing me about Takeshi Maenami, i didnt know he teased his involvement. I did know about Bahi JD and i'm really excited to see his part
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; December 5th, 2019 at 07:00 PM.

Woah, Maenami is over here? Dang, I was hoping he'd focus entirely on Pokemon. Nevertheless, I wonder if Nagamine is about to personally direct an episode?
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

No, his not sadly.

Staff list dropped. The animation supervisors that got the big episodes, 914 and 915, were Shimanuki and Shingaki respectively. The directors are Yasunori Koyama for 914 and Katsumi Tokoro for 915.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information