View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
883. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

322 36.47%
  • hmmm..maybe

236 26.73%
  • No!

325 36.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 306 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6106

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    It could easily just be fan art. Animators use animation sheets for fan art all the time. Of course, it would be cool if he was working on it, though.
    I've never seen animators use actual standard animation sheets for fan art, and even go through the trouble of adding, what i assume to be, guidelines for the coloring process.

Addendum
    Actually no you're right there is fan art like that. But still i BELIEVE
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; October 13th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

Yeah, it's not a 100% guarantee (after all, Kenichiro Aoki recently tweeted some One Piece fan art and I certainly don't expect him to show up lol) but with how coy Bahi's tweet was I think it's a much more probable tease than not.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I think it's rather obvious what that was about
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Oh shit it's happening. How much sakuga will the fight have man? It's not even that long.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Oh shit it's happening. How much sakuga will the fight have man? It's not even that long.
    It'll probably be spread across at least two episodes(unless they decide to pick up the pace and cover those 3 chapters in their entirety like they did for the end of WCI).

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    It'll probably be spread across at least two episodes(unless they decide to pick up the pace and cover those 3 chapters in their entirety like they did for the end of WCI).
    Nah there's no way they'll cover 3 chapters. My guess is they'll adapt the ending of 922 and the entirety of 923. Yes the fight may not be non-stop action all the way through but there is a lot of room for other types of sakuga for example character acting, debris, smoke, flying, elements etc

Nah there's no way they'll cover 3 chapters. My guess is they'll adapt the ending of 922 and the entirety of 923. Yes the fight may not be non-stop action all the way through but there is a lot of room for other types of sakuga for example character acting, debris, smoke, flying, elements etc
    Yeah.

For filler, I wouldn't mind if they had Luffy use every notable move he has in his arsenal on Kaido, including gear 2nd type attacks(I just want to see red hawk again), before rotating through the moveset of gear 4th(since its been confirmed that KKG wasn't going to be enough anyway, I see no problem with them expanding that fight by having Luffy use ALL his gear 4th moves).

As long as its well animated, even if its filler, I'm down for extensions like that in the Kaido fight.

I don't want filler necessarily but great animation for things you wouldn't expect they would elavate.

I don't want filler necessarily but great animation for things you wouldn't expect they would elavate.
    Not all filler is necessarily bad.

Take a look at this scene:

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/69792

It's the best scene of the entire episode and one of the most spectacular scenes in the entire series and guess what, it's 95% filler.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalDragon View Post
    Not all filler is necessarily bad.

Take a look at this scene:

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/69792

It's the best scene of the entire episode and one of the most spectacular scenes in the entire series and guess what, it's 95% filler.
    That scene was absolutely fantastic that's true. It's amazingly animated, properly paced and more importantly, for me, there are no additional moves, no additional lines/interractions that either don't mean anything or change the tone of the story. It felt liie the best possible choice. But this fight is a bit of a different situation

That scene was absolutely fantastic that's true. It's amazingly animated, properly paced and more importantly, for me, there are no additional moves, no additional lines/interractions that either don't mean anything or change the tone of the story. It felt liie the best possible choice. But this fight is a bit of a different situation
    Remember episode 892 where Zoro was being arrested in the capital? That was 100% added filler + new dialogue and such and it was perfectly fine filler.

It depends on what filler it is, on how it's implimented and if the manga allows leeway to expand upon.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalDragon View Post
    Remember episode 892 where Zoro was being arrested in the capital? That was 100% added filler + new dialogue and such and it was perfectly fine filler.

It depends on what filler it is, on how it's implimented and if the manga allows leeway to expand upon.
    Tbf, we got most of the information we needed in chapter 909. It was still a great filler scene though. I especially loved the addition of the night patrol, it was a very cinematic experience despite lasting mere seconds. Ultimately i agree with your last statement but i try to keep my expectations low

Considering the moves used, I think adding some more moves in to flesh out the fight could work well(because dear god, I don't want a fight that is just gattlings).

I'm super excited for next week's episode. 919 was one of my favourite chapters and i love Aya Komaki's work. My favourite thing about Komaki is the way she adapts exposition dumbs weirdly enough. She makes use of unique layouts and visual storytelling to elavate said expositions into a striking visual spectacle.
    Btw that character acting in the preview gives me life.
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; October 29th, 2019 at 02:15 PM.

Nagatanien Ochazuke Commercial - Luffy Wano

Episodes 910-913 Staff
    910: Satoshi Ito/Kazuya Hisada
    911: Daisuke Nakajima/Masahiro Kitazaki
    912: SB Akitaro Daichi/ED Masahiro Hosoda/AD Masayuki Takagi
    913: Yusuke Suzuki/Eisaku Inoue
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

One Piece upcoming episodes' staff:

Ep. 910:
    Episode director: Satosh Ito (***1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Kazuya Hisada (***1/2)

Ep. 911:
    Episode director: Daisuke Nakajima (new)
    Animation supervisor: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)

Ep. 912:
    Episode director: Masahiro Hososda (***)
    Storyboard: Daichi Akitaro (new; director of Ojarumaru and many other shows)
    Animation supervisor: Masayuki Takagi (***)

Ep. 913:
    Episode director: Yusuke Suzuki (**1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Eisaku Inoue (***1/2)

Okay, what the hell is this staff list. Never heard of these people, lol.

Thanks to KaigunZ for the staff list.

*plugs names into ANN* Ah, I see that Akitaro brought this masterpiece into the world:
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Fucking Akitarou Daichi?! The man that gave us Ima, Soku ni Iru Boku? Jesus Christ, I might need to watch this episode now.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

GOD! AKITARO DAICHI! I really hope that's not the Fruits Basket and the Anime YBM mentioned because he is a seriously messed up asshole.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-story/.143311

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information