+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Default Pirates of the Caribbean

So according to this http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/24/...e-caribbean-4/ Johnny Depp has signed on to do a fourth movie.

My question to you guys is will it be so bad if only Depp was in it? And include Rush returning as Barbossa(he has previously stated that he would be interested in reprising the role again) as well. Now Keira Knightly has stated that she no longer wants to work on the franchise (she's being doing it since she was 17)so that would probably exclude Orlando Bloom returning as well.

Personally I can't wait for this espacially if Rush comes back. I always felt that Depp and Rush just played off each other better.
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

Default Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Johnny Depp as the mad-hatter. K.

Anything else besides that Buuhan?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

I think it'll be good if they start up a new story or something with Depp and Rush.

hmmmm..... the last movie was a shy away from being utter shit....there just pushing the envelope on this one.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Depp + Rush will probably be a prequel, then. Which is fine by me, since Pirates 3 was a little too ham-fisted with the magic and "evil" East India Trading Company.

Personally, I'd love to see the movie start off with a young Jack Sparrow just off the boat onto Mle Island, telling the cranky old look-out of his intentions to be a "pirate". Then Barbossa acts as the guy to administer Sparrow's Three Trials!

As Sparrow leaves for his first trial, he sees Terek wearing a large button that says "Ask me about Monkey Island.".
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

As long as its a stand alone movie and not part of a series it could be fun, The first movie was great because it didnt have to deal with no long reaching plot and could focus on the zany pirate action. Also no more repeat jokes.

Actually I could see a sequel working quite well.

Elizabeth and Will's story is over, so no reason to bring them back especially if Kiera is not interested in coming back.

They can just start fresh, with a self contained storyline (or if the plan was for another trilogy, then they'd start fresh here and begin something all new) involving both Jack and Barbossa. (Fountain of Youth sounds like a plan)

The only ties a sequel should have with the first 3 would be Jack, Barbossa, the Black Pearl and some of the more important crew members. But Davy Jones, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swan, etc etc should all be left behind since their storyline is done with.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I don't care about swan and turner so I don't mind if they're in the film or not. Jack has a good Crew that could be expanded upon, I think this will turn out good.

I agree with gogoedward. I think it should just start from here on, with the others only be referenced.

better not be boring like 2 and 3

only thing good about 2 and 3 was the last 20mins

I eat up any movie with Johnny Depp in it and love it. I'm anticipating this one.

Pirates 2 and 3 was boring or horrible, but some scenes weren't really necessary in them (meaning those scenes are useless).

Now about Jack Sparrow, I've already read the 12 part trilogy by Rob Kidd (and I cant wait for him to cont w/ it, the next thing he's making a double sized volume called "The Tale of Bill Turner" (if you never read the 12 ones, read it, it tells and explains a lot).

Also, there would be another novel/trilogy called Legends of the Brethren Court (I think in this one, their gonna mention how Jack got the Black Pearl, which you obviously know...btw, this third trilogy happens in the 13 yrs previous to the 1st movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Pirates 2 and 3 was boring or horrible, but some scenes weren't really necessary in them (meaning those scenes are useless).
    guessing you meant wasn't boring or horrible

to me, they were

yes 2 and 3 were horrible shit and im SURE 4 will be big shit too

I don't know why people make the 1st & 2nd out to be uber terrible it's not like the first was a shining example of that.

The only thing I didn't like about the 2nd movie was the cliffhanger and the third being Johnny Depp slight inability to make coherent speech.

I quite enjoyed the first movie tbh.

^So did I.

The second and third were good imo. Although, the first was probably the best.

The Once and Future King

did you get your name from the mr-lucchi at msn site?

Uhh, that's pretty off-topic...and no I didn't.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information