+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sauna

Default Sauna

Gotto get this out of my chest. I grew up in a house which had a sauna. I even still regularly bath in a sauna, in fact I just did, but hell no I don't usually enjoy it. I just don't get it. It's a form of self torturing, really. I can take 70 Celcius degree, 75 Celcius is pushing it but at 80 degrees just have to get hell out. Yoska wasn't build for hot temperatures! Yet for some reason I find myself in a sauna again and again...

So why I created this thread? I dunno. I guess it would be fun to know if somebody out there, somebody who isn't a finn , actually enjoys taking some form of sauna.
    Last edited by Yoska; September 20th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Sauna

I sometimes go into the Sauna at the pool during the summer. I get ridiculously hot, and then I jump in the cool water. Very relaxing. Don't really see why anybody would really go in there for relaxation though. Too hot.

Er, why do you keep going in if you hate it so much?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

saunas are fun when you have a bag of chips and you have a case of soda that you need to throw away and are in need of getting thirstier faster.

oh and I played gameboy in there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Er, why do you keep going in if you hate it so much?
    Cultural thing, Those finns are crazy about Saunas. first thing my grandpa did when he moved here was build a sauna out of the old toolshed. Personaly i cant stand it, Im way too fat for that kind of thing

I enjoy the sauna for a short amount of time. It's kinda comfortable at first. Maybe 5 to 7 minutes max, then it gets too damn hot.

I usually use it just to get dry after I've been in the pool, then I get outta there.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska View Post
    I can take 70 Celcius degree, 75 Celcius is pushing it but at 80 degrees just have to get hell out.
    Are you kidding me?

Why haven't you died of HEAT STROKE yet? o_o
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I don't think I could take 70C for even 10 seconds, let alone 15 minutes. The worst heat I've ever been in was 113F in my attic during our roof reconstruction, which was hotter than Death Valley. And a sauna is going to be humid on top of that, which just makes things even tougher.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Okey, now I feel really stupid for making this thread . Oh well.

I'm not quite sure but I think it might be low humidity which makes high tempetures tolerable in (Finnish) saunas. For some reason. Real hardcore dudes are able to bath in 100-120 Celcius. I'm obviously not one. Doesn't matter what people might say, the whole thing is about proving how manly you are, really.

It can be a fun thing to do in groups though. You know, bunch of buttnaked guys, or gals, in a tight space sweating together but yeah I have never been a big fan of hot or even warm tempetures. The best part for me has always been getting back out into fresh air again.
    Last edited by Yoska; September 21st, 2008 at 08:04 AM.

The Mutineer who succeeded DarX's Avatar

sorry, but how hot would that be in fahrenheit? i know, i'm the stereotypical american, but can someone tell me?
    how to say my name: Darks, NOT Dar X, Dar X sounds retarded

70C = 158F

At the upper limit Gohn mentioned, 90 - 100C = 194 - 212F.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska View Post
    You know, bunch of buttnaked guys, or gals, in a tight space sweating together...
    I originally read that as "guys, and gals" and was thinking to myself, "I like the way you think, Yoska!"
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

The Mutineer who succeeded DarX's Avatar

70C = 158F
    holy shit! there is no way i could stand that, i went into one once though, it didn't seem THAT hot though.
    how to say my name: Darks, NOT Dar X, Dar X sounds retarded

Personally I prefer hot tubs to saunas anyways :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

I find sauna's to be relaxing, than again i'm a weirdo who likes to wear shorts in the winter.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

I agree with Hot Tubs. Far more relaxing, in my opinion.

I used to get creeped out when I used to go into the sauna at my old gym and as I was sitting across from a guy I didn't know (avoiding eye contact), he took off his bottom towel to sit naked.

When I was in Japan on our class trip the hotel we stayed at had public baths, with an included sauna.

Out of curiosity I stuck my head inside the sauna box. . . . . and nearly fainted. Dear GOD that was so freaking hot! I don't see how anyone can stand it.

The guy with no avatar

I enjoyed a day in a Sauna during a family reunion. It was very relaxing. Compared to the freezing lake at the time, it was perfect.

150-200 degrees Fahrenheit?! People can fricken live being exposed to that kinda heat?! I beg for mercy at 100 degrees F. I was interested in going to a sauna, but if I'm gonna burst into flames the moment I step in, I think I'll stay far away.

The country of lofty mountains and tall treetops, Finland

i rather enjoy when it's 90-100 degrees celsius.
    lower temperature is for pussies!

man, can't even remember the last time i've been to sauna... been way too long.
    last christmas, perhaps?

this is what you get for living in an apartment building and not being assed to order your own sauna-shift.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information