Closed Thread
Page 83 of 173 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3444

Thread: Funi TV Discussion (Saturday Night/Sunday Morning 1:00 a.m., USA Toonami)

Default Re: Funi TV Discussion

Well, everyone here seems to think they're doing extraordinarily well, which I don't think is the case.

It can do better. Really, much better. It needs TV exposure so it can reel more fans in.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Who said they were such a success? On the ANN cast in January, FUNI reps said that One Piece was just doing "ok " enough to keep going at the moment and they are trying their best with the show right now.
    They said it was doing well, not necessarily the same thing as okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    While by all means it should be on television, it's not something necceary. The only thing a TV deal for OP will accomplish is a dub full of ridiculous edits and a fanbase on par with the average Narutard. I'm predicting kids drowning for the lulz because they ate a DF.
    Who cares. We have retarded fans anyways. There will always be retarded fans when it comes to anime.

Edits don't matter. We have the uncut DVDs. The tv deal will basically just serve as exposure. An advertisement, if you will, to get people introduced to the show.

Plus, this is FUNimation... not 4Kids. Their edits on the TV version were never really that bad. Unless you ***!!!RAGE ON!!!*** on the mention of "Zolo".

Hey, if they air each edited episode with a constantly running banner that says "This is an edited version of a violent children's cartoon show from Japan. This airing exists only as a twenty minute commericial. There was originally blood in this scene, go buy the DVD" I would have no problem, otherwise me-no-likey edits. ;)
    Last edited by Yuugi's Black Magician; May 9th, 2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added wink.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

The edits were as bad as Saban DBZ.

Are you talking about 4kids Piece? Because thats REALLY obvious and doesnt need pointing out.

I'm talking about FunPiece.

How exactly? It wasnt that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Hey, if they air each edited episode with a constantly running banner that says "This is an edited version of a violent children's cartoon show from Japan. This airing exists only as a twenty minute commericial. There was originally blood in this scene, go buy the DVD" I would have no problem, otherwise me-no-likey edits.
    Jesus, man. I think you're taking it a bit too far here; it's just a cartoon, not some holy sacred religion.

If it'll be edited, it'll be edited. Who gives a fuck? It'll be uncut on the DVDs and that's all that matters.

The flashing of hits was a lil excessive at times, but they were already letting up on that as Skypeia progressed.

Still, that's no where near as bad as Saban DBZ. We still had death references. We still had good dialog. The music was all there. No episodes skipped (from FUNi's run).

The ONLY thing that was even remotely similar to Saban's DBZ was the flashes. And like I said, they were letting up.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote Originally Posted by Smore View Post
    The flashing of hits was a lil excessive at times, but they were already letting up on that as Skypeia progressed.

Still, that's no where near as bad as Saban DBZ. We still had death references. We still had good dialog. The music was all there. No episodes skipped (from FUNi's run).

The ONLY thing that was even remotely similar to Saban's DBZ was the flashes. And like I said, they were letting up.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
    This.

.................................................. .................................................

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smore View Post
    The flashing of hits
    What on earth is that?

A censorship editing technique that obscures the impact of a hit with a white flash.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2026 View Post
    What on earth is that?
    http://www.google.nl/images?hl=nl&rl...og&sa=N&tab=wi

For some reason can't link to the pics directly, but you know which one you're looking for.

And dialogue and music aren't edits. My point stands.

???????????????

Um... you have NOT explained the similarities you found in Funi Piece and saban Dragon Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    Jesus, man. I think you're taking it a bit too far here; it's just a cartoon, not some holy sacred religion.

If it'll be edited, it'll be edited. Who gives a fuck? It'll be uncut on the DVDs and that's all that matters.
    Why are you getting upset over one man's wishing that no edited version of a Japanese children's cartoon exist?

Hell, if anything the blantant (and hilarious) scrolling banner would only help DVD sells if you pointed out to the viewer the content was being edited and how. Money, money, money!!
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Yeah.....what he said. Or something.

I'm not upset by it, I'm just saying that I think you're taking it a bit too far. I'd want it to be as less edited as possible too but I don't think they should go as far as to have a banner scroll across the screen saying it's edited. It's ridiculous. But I don't think there's nothing wrong with an edited TV airing... Wouldn't that just make the DVDs even more special anyway? I'd say if we got it on TV again and it happens to be edited, be grateful it's even on TV at all getting exposure. It's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Why are you getting upset over one man's wishing that no edited version of a Japanese children's cartoon exist?
    Because kids ought to be able to watch One Piece, even if it's an edited version. It's a kid's show.

And your concept of a banner running throughout the show informing the audience that the show is edited for violence and such quite frankly insults the intelligence of even children. One Piece uncut is easy enough to access for kids but to grow that youth audience a TV deal is essential and if it has to be edited to run on TV on a kid's channel / block then so be it.

Having only the uncut version exist is all well and good for older animation fans such as ourselves but you have to remember that it was Oda's intention to tell this story to youth audiences. Same goes for Kishimoto, Toriyama and heck... even Kubo. That's right One Piece is for kids. For kids.

... and the young at heart but that's why we've got legal streams and uncut DVDs.

I'll explain how the Dragonball Z (Ocean Group) and One Piece are differentI have compiled three categories for dubs.

Category 1: The dub is uncut. Cowboy Bebop is a perfect example of this. Now the dub isn't always going to contain the original music. Case in point, Fist of the North Star english dub. Now the dub for One Piece episodes 1-143 fit in this category.

Category 2: The dub is edited only. So basically what you see is what you get. Many properties done by 4kids Entertainment will fit in this category. Now Dragonball Z (Ocean Group) fits in this category.

Category 3: The dub is edited on TV and uncut on releases. Think about Family Guy. If you watch it on DVD, then you'll probally hear F Bombs be drop. Now if you watch it on TV, you'll hear bleeping noises instead. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Naruto fits in this category. This is where One Piece episodes 144-whatever episode was last aired belongs. Now I should note that movies 1-3 of the Ocean Group of Dragonball Z fit in here.

Conclusion: So basically I've shown how each dub is different by showing these categories. Now One Piece fits in both category 1 and 3 depending on what episode it is. Though it is mainly category 1, it is also category 3. Now Dragonball Z however fits in category 2, and it technically fits in category 3 because of the 3 movies. So basically the only way they are similar is One Piece dub of the Jaya arc, and quarter of the Skypiea arc and Dragonball Z movies 1-3.

Closed Thread

Thread Information