Closed Thread
Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Funi TV Discussion (Saturday Night/Sunday Morning 1:00 a.m., USA Toonami)

Default Re: Funi TV Discussion

Or maybe they just have been working hard for months, think about that one ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The probably began recording a few months before they announced they had the title.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

That and they could be recording out of chronological order. It'd be much easier that way considering each actor has different schedules for availability and they record their lines seperately anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

While yes, they do record out of chronological order, I don't think they'd be jumping from Arlong to Drum. I say they're dubbing the arcs pretty much in order.

but that's based on pure guessing and no evidence or even heresay whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

Why would they dub out of order? I mean sure they did 144+ before the first 143, but that was for broadcast purposes. I highly doubt they'd go out of order since it would only be cause for confusion, since voice actors tend to evolve, it would be weird hearing, say, a really strong Vivi in Little Garden proceeded by a much weaker Vivi in Drum.

Schedueling, probably. Although I doubt it's too out of order.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

I wish it just came back......
    Toonami sucks right now.....

You could just stop watching it I did (but not because of the dub getting yanked).

I quit because I mostly only read manga.Anime and Dub I never really cared about.I might occasionly by the DVDs but other then that.

Toon Disney is going to be renamed "Disney XD" apparently... and they're gonna focus on actiony stuff for boys. Maybe One Piece could have a chance there? Not sure if their censorship rules are going to change... doubt it, though.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthrea...14#post2949714

http://www.fye.com/viewcategory.htm?...s=&sortby=name

FYE.com is having a Funi DVD sale. I don't know if pre-orders count, but if you haven't bought the first season, you can one of them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    Toon Disney is going to be renamed "Disney XD" apparently... and they're gonna focus on actiony stuff for boys. Maybe One Piece could have a chance there? Not sure if their censorship rules are going to change... doubt it, though.

It's certainly possible, I mean Disney and Toei have been in cahoots for a while too (with that collaboration RobotZ or whatever, I'm sure they could start fresh with Funi's dubbed episodes. Simply possible, don't want to get my hopes up or anything.

This is even worse than when I thought they were just gonna make it Jetix. I don't watch Toon Disney much, but I watch it even less after 16 hours of its 24 hour block become Jetix. I was finally getting the age to appreciate the old cartoons Disney did. A few years ago I found myself really enjoying the Hercules series.

Shame all that's going bye bye, I guess the only way you'll be able to see these series now is to download them. And even then finding good downloads will be hard.

I hope it doesn't get on toon disney.Anything would be better then that.

I don't care wher Fun Piece airs, as long as it airs. >_<

You'd care if it was edited like the 4kids dub (or worse), which if it got on a Disney channel, it would be.

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

As long as we have the uncut DVDs...

The only thing the tv dub has to do is keep One Piece popular.
    Everything was all for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    You'd care if it was edited like the 4kids dub (or worse), which if it got on a Disney channel, it would be.
    Oh no it wouldn't.

The series won't go to Disney. So long as people only know One Piece for what it is, which would be the uncut version, then I'm cool. It's best to have a clean slate and pushing the uncut DVDs over an edited TV dub is best.

Closed Thread

Thread Information