+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music section

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Music section

Yeah, just a sub-section in Media dedicated to Music. At the moment we have a few small threads just dedicated to something like "What are you listening to right now?" But it would be nice to have suggestion threads for genres, and discussions of old and new albums and stuff.

Default Re: Music section

Not a bad suggestion I say, even tho I wouldn't really post in the forum. Only thing with me is, do people today talk enough about music today to justify an entire forum devoted to it?

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Unlike video games I can't really see this working out, what would we have "General Green Day/Beatles/Elvis" threads with "favourite song is this and this" with the random old conspiracy theory?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I wouldn't mind a music section...I don't know how musical our members are here but maybe I'd start a thread or two that I wouldn't bother starting in just media.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

A music section could work out. Hey, I'm always willing to learn about new bands and stuff. Actually, it's the other way around, I like to force down my favourite bands into other peoples throats but lets not talk about that.

Even though now there wouldn't be that many music related discussions going on, a music sub forum could promote and encourage members to create more threads about music. I think, this could be just me, after video games got their own little corner on the Media section there has been overally more video game related posts on Arlong Park (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...). But, you know, it's not like that Media section, as it is, would currently be overflooded with threads and posts anyway.
    Last edited by Yoska; July 20th, 2008 at 09:41 AM.

I frankly see a lot of opportunity for it...
    Examples
    -Your Top 10 Favorite Bands/Musicians
    -Multiple Discussion Threads for Genres
    -Discussion of bands that numerous people on the forums like
    -Upcoming Album Discussion
    -People who actually play instruments discussing stuff (Multiple, since there are more than one instrument)

sim,seria uma boa ideia..ate pq elas fazem parte do anime e sem elas ficaria uma coisa desfigurada.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. waleker View Post
    sim,seria uma boa ideia..ate pq elas fazem parte do anime e sem elas ficaria uma coisa desfigurada.
    yes, .ate would be a good idea. pq they is part livens up of it and without them it would be a disfigured thing.

Alright, I get the jist of it from babelshit, but if you could understand it to begin with, is there any reason why you had to respond in a language most of us don't know?

The Mutineer who succeeded DarX's Avatar

lol, i came to this section to suggest this exact same thing, but i guess somebody beat me to it, oh well, as long as its suggested.

After a quick glance of the media forum, I see more of movies and TV series related threads than music threads. If there are already many existing music threads, I'd consider it, but if not, why bother?

Maybe you guys can start up some music threads (but don't spam) to clutter the media forum, and we can think about it again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information