Closed Thread
Page 447 of 500 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 445 446 447 448 449 457 497 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 10000

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I just watched stardust crusader episode 1 English dub and i gotta say jotaro's voice actor was horrible the rest were ok

So after years of hearing nothing but praise for this series, I decided to catch up with it by starting with the anime, since I heard it is very faithful to the manga.

And I was really surprised at how difficult it was to just get through the first episode. I was not expecting Dio to be that cruel at all, and for no good reason? Granted, I've never heard anything about any of the characters in this series so I didn't know exactly what to expect, and it's not like I'm going to quit just because of the first episode when I know it gets a lot better with the second part, but I when I finished it, I felt severely discouraged.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts

P.S. I love the ending theme. A lot.

Basically Phantom Blood is all hokey and simplistic in its approach, but basically Dio was a huge dick since he was a kid. Smart, grew up on his own basically, but, well, he is his father's son (although much more fab), and all it comes to is that he'll take any advantage he can get his hands on. On the other hand, in spite of being a huge dick, he carries a pretty huge amount of charisma, and especially after his plot to get the family fortune falls into shambles, he's pretty much the classiest guy around, especially in terms of villains.

Also helps that Takehito Koyasu is voicing him. And yes, Roundabout is awesome.

Well, I'm onto the second episode and I'm very very very happy to see that Jojo isn't such a weaking now.

Makes me excited to see him smash Dio's face in all the more

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Just saw the latest episode, the Justice fight was handled very well and even though they can't beat the aniamtion quality of the old OVA for this one they sure make up for it with style, atmosphere and voice acting.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

The zombie punching scene was the best part of the 2000 OVAs, and they didn't top that. But their interpretation was more faithful and stylish and I didn't dislike it. The end of the fight, however, always manages to surprise because oh how stupid it is.
    Next week we have the Lovers, and the week after that one the most satisfaying beatdowns in the series. I'm hyped as always.

Just a question. I don't have the patience to hunt through the thread if this has already been addressed.

At the rate we're going with the stand encounters, is Stardust Crusaders going to be more than 26 episodes?

Or will they have to do a second part?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Just a question. I don't have the patience to hunt through the thread if this has already been addressed.

At the rate we're going with the stand encounters, is Stardust Crusaders going to be more than 26 episodes?

Or will they have to do a second part?
    Four Cour, bitches.

Four seasons? OHHH MYYY GOOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Four seasons? OHHH MYYY GOOOD!
    Four cour means 48 to 52 episodes. Which still means they should be enough to cover the entire part.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Basically Phantom Blood is all hokey and simplistic in its approach, but basically Dio was a huge dick since he was a kid. Smart, grew up on his own basically, but, well, he is his father's son (although much more fab),
    You mean his adopted father who was a greedy and abusive prick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

But what's that stuff I hear about Diamon Is Not Crash not guaranteed?! Stardust better sell supreme gang busters to get me some animated Yoshikage!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You mean his adopted father who was a greedy and abusive prick?
    That George Joestar would only give his sons enough allowances to buy two pieces of land in the colonies per week and would abuse them with only one hearty portion of steak per night!

I thought you taking about the thief that adopted Dio first, but an any rate that was some good snark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Dario didn't adopt Dio, he spawned him.

I guess that Dio inherited his looks from his mom.

Yeah Dario is blood related to Dio. After all, they both are incredibly evil and they have a thirst for booze

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

In his youth, Dario Brando looked like his other descendant, some no-name actor who was in a forgettable gangster film or something.

$20 on Jocelyn Brando

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    $20 on Jocelyn Brando
    Was it...Martin... or maybe Michael....?

He was in that war movie with Charlie Sheen's dad...And some movie about unions...

I think this is probably my favourite episode so far. Polnareff is too funny.

Hyped for Lovers fight.

Closed Thread

Thread Information