Closed Thread
Page 425 of 500 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 10000

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶Two and a fraction more parts to go...

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    The pacing has been relatively slow and focused. I absolutely cannot see them cutting anything out or even increasing the pacing because of what a whiplash it would be. It seems we're either getting a 50 episode season or the season is going to be split in two.

Ah, runaway girl, you were so useless yet I so wanted to know your story.
    I agree with you about the 50 episode prediction, which also means that we will probably get more filler scenes. Not that i am against it, so far DP did a good job at expanding the content and Araki's tons of red herrings, forgotten plot points, etc. give them more opportunities than they need to improve on.
    I therefore expect that Runaway Girl will be a bit more important in this adaption (maybe even get a Stand/fight?) and personally hope that DP will include most of the fights from the Light Novels published for Parts 3,4 and 5 as well should they really adapt everything until then.
    That would mean three additional Stand fights in SC, I think 3 more in Duwang and basically a 1-cour season for Golden Wind about everyne's favourite forever forgotten character Fugo.
    ...Maybe they will actually explain more about Shizuka Joestar, plnareff's revenge backstory and Josuke's hair as well.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenfisch View Post
    Catching up with Jojo in one week is possible?
    If you don't do anything but that for a whole week it's definitely feasible. Though you'd probably get sick of it soon, JoJo tends to be repetitive, especially part 5 and 6, it's just fight after fight.

BTW I'm pretty sure it's going to be 50 or so episodes as well, or else the pacing up till now would make no sense. This way we also get a new opening song and a new ending animation at the halfway point.

Spoiler:
    We need Iggy in the opening!

Prepare! The new age is coming!

Lol, Jojo has been fight after fight since part 3. Difference is it does it well usually.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    I agree with you about the 50 episode prediction, which also means that we will probably get more filler scenes. Not that i am against it, so far DP did a good job at expanding the content and Araki's tons of red herrings, forgotten plot points, etc. give them more opportunities than they need to improve on.
    I therefore expect that Runaway Girl will be a bit more important in this adaption (maybe even get a Stand/fight?) and personally hope that DP will include most of the fights from the Light Novels published for Parts 3,4 and 5 as well should they really adapt everything until then.
    That would mean three additional Stand fights in SC, I think 3 more in Duwang and basically a 1-cour season for Golden Wind about everyne's favourite forever forgotten character Fugo.
    ...Maybe they will actually explain more about Shizuka Joestar, plnareff's revenge backstory and Josuke's hair as well.
    I am absolutely convinced that the dude with the hair was Josuke from the future and it was a planned story line that Araki never got around to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    The part 3 novel takes place in Egypt, so they would have some time problems if they adapted it with the current pace. I'm all for them doing it, as well as all the other semi-canon side stories (obviously not Over Heaven), but I don't want the main story to feel rushed in response.

And how do you want them to explain more of Polnareff's backstory? I think it is pretty clear with this episode alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    The part 3 novel takes place in Egypt, so they would have some time problems if they adapted it with the current pace. I'm all for them doing it, as well as all the other semi-canon side stories (obviously not Over Heaven), but I don't want the main story to feel rushed in response.

And how do you want them to explain more of Polnareff's backstory? I think it is pretty clear with this episode alone.
    Explain why
    Spoiler:
    Geil
    had a shield that prevented rain from falling on him, for example. It's been a while since I read it (a reread needs to happen soon), but I found myself asking more questions even after this subplot was closed.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

So....why did he ?

The Man Who Sold the World Dumhuvud's Avatar

When DP gets to Vento Aureo I hope they cover Purple Haze Feedback. It's a great epilogue story that ties part 5 to the other parts - all of them - in a satisfying way while not being too fanservice-y. It also fleshes out Fugo and introduces some really cool new characters (including one who looks like Alex from A Clockwork Orange).

So....why did he ?
    It's because of 「stands™

It's because Araki. He just needed a way to make him having a stand obvious to Pol. It probably was an old Blackmore-like ability that he then forgot about.

Oh I know WHY it never showed up again, I was just curious if he gave an in series explanation for it.

Oh I know WHY it never showed up again, I was just curious if he gave an in series explanation for it.
    Some Stands just randomly have multiple abilities. Remember that bizarre room trap Highway Star set up? He may have just had a water based ability that he never got the opportunity to use.

Speaking about random abilities.
    Are all you good sports ready for STAR FINGER ?!
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

I can't wait for the Strength fight. One of my favourite fights in SC.

I like how the ending is somewhat
    Spoiler:
    hinting, the arrows from part 4/5

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I like how the ending is somewhat
    Spoiler:
    hinting, the arrows from part 4/5
    Spoiler:
    They already "spoilered" Enya, Vanilla Ice and Pet Shop through the Dio scenes, I hope they hint at the arrow and Pucci soon.

The pacing seems ok so far as well, considering that this will be more than 2cours. Roughly one "normal" Stand per episode seems like a good pace, a few Stands like Cream and ZA WARUDO will obviously be longer.

I hope they won't actually stretch some episodes with staring contests as a side effect of not being tied up by ongoing or monthly allowance budget and deciding to take things respectably, thus making things go slower when it's meant to be fast paced. Last two episodes had a droplet of feeling of lingering. Must be because Tower of Gray is not enough for one episode, so Jan Pierre Eiffel got an introduction in the second half, but fought in the next one. I get that it's just events coincidence, but I don't want to worry about future ones. I hope they time the script in a way that will be considerate with fast paced fights. Not prolonging pursuits and punching, but also not making them "in the blink of an eye" fast. A lot of Jojo is actually fast if you imagine it animated, it's just Araki being himself with detailed frames that gives the image of drawn out action (pun not intented). Though it's all just nitpicking. David Production seem to be Jojo fanboys, judging from how they kept the style and proportions of part 3, even animating "key" scenes as they are, for example not changing Polnareff leg's perspective on THAT moment. I was laughing all the time they talked, with all those theatrics and gimmicks.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Spoiler:
    Those characters are strictly in Part 3, though (well besides the Enya mention in Part 4). But they can give a glimpse or give small mentions of the arrow and Pucci like they did with the Joestar birthmark in Parts 1 and 2.
    The ending also hints at DIO's Stand abilities (the clock and Hermit Purple)

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    The ending of the Stardust Crusaders anime will have Pucci returning to Dio's base with the groceries and wondering where the hell everyone went.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Spoiler:
    The ending of the Stardust Crusaders anime will have Pucci returning to Dio's base with the groceries and wondering where the hell everyone went.
    Spoiler:
    Has he bought some icecream for Vanilla?

Closed Thread

Thread Information