+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: CCC's Sculpts

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Default Re: CCC's Sculpts

no metal skeleton pics of the crocodile one? I wanted to see the wireing for the sand.. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    no metal skeleton pics of the crocodile one? I wanted to see the wireing for the sand.. =(
    sorry... didn't know that anyone cared about that aspect.
    The sand's skeleton is a double helix, with one helix being smaller and stuffed inside the other.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Yeah Crocodile's shit hot, nice job.
    Sinister face, and I'm liking the coat too.
    Any spoilers on who is next? : D

Sadly, next tuesday I'm leaving for Japan for a term of school. Wait. That's really not too sad.
    But in any case, it means I can't really make anything else for the next 2.5 months.

But..... that doesn't mean I can't think about the future! If I make more One Pieces pieces, the next one would probably be one of the following:

-Final form Wapol
    -Foxy
    -Aokiji
    -Kumadori
    -Perona
    -Kid (from the most recent manga chapters; I'm more likely to do him if he shows us [sometime soon] why his bounty is higher than Luffy's)

As you can tell, I'm more into doing villains, and I would certainly never do a character that there's already a P.O.P. of.

Please consider sculpting Ryuuma instead of Perona.
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Very awesome crocodile!!! I love it! The face looks perfect!! The expression is perfect.

Only one criticism though. The legs look kinda short compared to the rest of the body. Although this could just be because his upper torso has the bulky jacket. But thats what it looks like to me.

Other than that, you are getting very good!! it looks great!

I don't think the legs look short, however the arms (his left one atleast) look a bit long. compare it to the sleeve of his jacket... And the elbow is at his hip rather then his lower ribcage.

rly rly great work....kaku rly owned everything so far seen by me
    gj ,keep on doing
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Captain of the Reinheit dechanique's Avatar

Wow! Love the new stuff!! You use sculpey? What kind of wire do you use?

You really make me want to try my hand at sculpting- your work is pretty freakin' awesome!
    dechanique.com // includes portals to y-gallery, deviantart and my webcomic
    Traveling Sketchbook 2.0!
    Taking $15 pencil sketch commissions! PM me :B

Quote Originally Posted by dechanique View Post
    Wow! Love the new stuff!! You use sculpey? What kind of wire do you use?

You really make me want to try my hand at sculpting- your work is pretty freakin' awesome!
    Thanks! Yeah, it's sculpey, and the wire is 16 gauge galvanized (strong enough to hold its shape, but pliant enough to work with your hands, except in the case of sharp doubled-backed corners; need pliers for that).

And you should definitely try something! It's rare to see sculptors, and I think you've already proven you're quite capable artistically [with your drawings].

I used to think clay is for primary school kids but I realise I'm gravely mistaken.

Awesome work you've got there! :D

Captain of the Reinheit dechanique's Avatar

Aww thanks, CCC!<333 Thought I remember my sculpting skills being pretty awful last time I tried it. It's hard to translate into 3D! I'm amazed how well and quickly you crank these out!!

Do you bake your pieces??
    dechanique.com // includes portals to y-gallery, deviantart and my webcomic
    Traveling Sketchbook 2.0!
    Taking $15 pencil sketch commissions! PM me :B

I love that Croc one, though the legs are a bit short. Still great stuff. I could see you making some awesome sculpts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I love that Croc one, though the legs are a bit short. Still great stuff. I could see you making some awesome sculpts in the future.
    Sure about that? They seem perfectly proportional to me. Can someone provide a good floor to groin/groin to head ratio?

Or by whatever other relation you want to compare the lenght of his legs.

looks good, but Crocodiles legs look short IMO.
    Stated by Eiichiro Oda about fan-mail
    " A lot of People send some incredibly stupid crap"

I agree with gorlom, please do ryuuma. What kind of wire do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dechanique View Post
    Do you bake your pieces??
    Yup.

And in regards to Croc's legs... the standard artist's wooden doll has a torso length ratio of about 5:3.
    http://www.artifolk.co.uk/images/products/BWM8x300.gif
    My model's legs (which start at the hips- covered by the bottom flaps of the shirt) are 5 and 5/8 inches, whereas the torso is 3 and 1/2. So yeah. I guess I'm off by an eighth of an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by notactuallytom View Post
    I agree with gorlom, please do ryuuma. What kind of wire do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    ...and the wire is 16 gauge galvanized (strong enough to hold its shape, but pliant enough to work with your hands, except in the case of sharp doubled-backed corners; need pliers for that).

Toriko's Choice Ass Mrs.RoronoaZoro's Avatar

Oh Lord~ When you return, and have the time and patience, please do Ryuuma before you do Perona. (As much as I love her, I would prefer to see him first.)

Oh, do Ryuuma from Monsters. I don't care too much for the zombified version. (In other words, it ain't sexy. xD)

Greetings from Japan! So I can't do any more work until the end of the August, but I've been thinking about what I'll do next...
    ...and I've changed my mind (in regards to the ideas above). Instead of a single figure, I want to try some sort of maquette with lots of busts. Something like this:

The idea would be to have them get bigger as you move up (which I didn't represent that well here- I have no scanner here so I had to draw this in Paint...).

Not even being a Kaku fan i have to say that is hard, very good...I like Enel too, i dont see the problem. Crocodile looks pretty good so far

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information