+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: CCC's Sculpts

Default Re: Kaku Statue (1/8 Scale)

crap, sorry for the double post. Is there really no way to change the topic title on these forums? (I want it to read "CCC's sculpts") Does it make sense to make a whole new "gallery" topic?

God Enel

He's 11.5 inches tall, so slightly bigger proportionately than POPs. Technically, he was a lot harder than Kaku (lots of small details, plus human musculature and face, which I have virtually no experience with) but I think he came out pretty well. In case it's hard to tell, the pose is the one where his leg is bent up with the foot resting vertically against the other leg. The base is supposed to be clouds and Shandian ruins (with some undergrowth).

Last edited by CCC; October 22nd, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Just PM a staff member asking to change the title.

Not meaning to be insulting, but the Enel isn't that great...

But that Kaku is just... wow. Awesome work, truly awesome.

I think I just craped myself....in a good way :D

Check out my Operation One Piece and Phoenix Wrongs

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Not meaning to be insulting, but the Enel isn't that great...

But that Kaku is just... wow. Awesome work, truly awesome.
    If you are going to critizise it couldn't you atleast leave a bit of constructive comments?

the clothes, the drums and the toerings looks awesome.

what exactly was it that you didn't like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

If you don't go into industrial design with that talent...I'll be a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    If you are going to critizise it couldn't you atleast leave a bit of constructive comments?

the clothes, the drums and the toerings looks awesome.

what exactly was it that you didn't like?
    Thanks for the positive comment! Nobody has really said anything good about Enel yet (not that I can't take criticism- but yeah, I would like to know what's wrong so I can fix it in future things.) If I had to guess, maybe buuhan is talking about the face and bumpiness of the skin? Those are the aspects I'm sort of displeased with...

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    If you don't go into industrial design with that talent...I'll be a sad panda.
    XD
    I don't really know anything about the industry, but as a general stereotype, I know that life as an artist can be very hard (and hard to get started). I'll probably go into investment banking like every other math/econ yuppie in college... But this will at least always be a hobby! Believe it!

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Default Re: CCC's Sculpts

I don't care what ANYONE else says about Eneru, lets see them make that. I think it's incredible. I think the Kaku one turned out better, but hey, Kaku is just freakin' amazing xD GOD If I saw that at a convention to purchase.. my god.. I would crap myself like someone else said. That my friend, is freakin' hella awesome. I'm peeved they never did make a Kaku figure to begin with. Both are amazing, hope you will be doing more :D

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Enel's eyes look a bit weird, but I don't think I have any right to complain, for I have neither the talent nor patience to complete a masterpiece like these.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Really Impressed by this work.
    The only thing I'd say about the kaku is, do you have the materials/tools to actually make metal blades for his swords?
    I made a zoro for my Design Technology class in college and it was greatly improved when I removed the clay sword blades, and replaced them with steel ones.
    It's a lot of graft to get them looking nice, but once they do, they compliment pieces like that really well.

hmm... nah, I don't actually have any experience or capabilities with metalworking, although that would indeed be awesome. I'm assuming it's not something that could be done in one's own home/college dorm?

Although.............. there may be a metal shop at my school. Perhaps I'll check it out.

Oh yeah: Crocodile is next, if I don't wimp out.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I guess it would be possible with a hacksaw and file to shape and softer emery to polish, but it would be agonising.
    It took me a fair while to get mine right and I had all the machines at my disposal, so I'd say to def look out at school for whatever equipment they have there.

Do OZ next!!! or sogeking!!

You seem to be batter at the more huge models, but that's only judging by two, so it isn't much for me to speak about. I love that Kaku.

Toriko's Choice Ass Mrs.RoronoaZoro's Avatar

They're both freakin' amazing! Kaku came out much better, but Enel is still fantastic. I can't do crap with clay. I might try my hand at it, but it won't be as awesome as yours. I'm excited to see Crocodile and anyone else (in the future). (I don't want to request Zoro and seem like a stupid fangirl)

If I were you, I wouldn't bother selling them, though. I'd be too attached to 'em. They're just so FUCKING AWESOME!

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

What's wrong with Enel? The tongue, the eyes, his earlobes?

Almost everyone seems to say they prefere Kaku to Enel. Is that because Enel could use some touchups (if so what?) or is everyone here Kaku fanboys/girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    You seem to be batter at the more huge models, but that's only judging by two, so it isn't much for me to speak about. I love that Kaku.
    I think it might just be a matter of humanoid vs. ...crazy animal type things. Cuz I've done some smaller ones that aren't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.RoronoaZoro View Post
    I'm excited to see Crocodile and anyone else (in the future). (I don't want to request Zoro and seem like a stupid fangirl)
    Working on Crocodile as we speak. And yeah... Megahouse already made an awesome Zoro POP. Mine wouldn't be able to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    What's wrong with Enel? The tongue, the eyes, his earlobes?

Almost everyone seems to say they prefere Kaku to Enel. Is that because Enel could use some touchups (if so what?) or is everyone here Kaku fanboys/girls?
    Yeah- I do suspect lots of Kaku fanpeople XD
    I think it is the eyes that are bugging me, personally. But not to worry- I spent a good two and a half hours on Crocodile's face alone (as opposed to about 20 minutes on Enel's).

Now, where is Megahouse's Zoro one? I would like to see it, please!~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.RoronoaZoro View Post
    Now, where is Megahouse's Zoro one? I would like to see it, please!~
    Megahouse is a company XD
    http://image1.play-asia.com/170/61/pa.108843.1.jpg

Oh, and bump for Crocodile. See the first post for all the pictures and narration.

OMFG!

Crocodile looks amazing!!! You even put the poison on his hook!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information