+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 366 "Sortie" Discussion

My translation is completed... T-Bone rocks! xD

Out of all people, I was suprised that Lulu and Tilestone were my favorites. Luffy and Zoro were also better than before.

Zoro's fight.....I still think it'll be Spandam. There's the whole thing with Franky, but he needs a swordsman and I really doubt T-Bone will cut it, especially since he doesn't seem to have any malice or killing intent (though we've yet to see him face off).

....Franky and Usopp rock together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Hahahahaha, finally a chapter with some real humor in it. Bless Lulu and Tileston. *looks at page 8* Dear lord, Lulu's bedhead is coming out of his arm!

Am I the only one who thinks that it KICKS ASS that we have giant seahorses named Sodom and Gomorrah? Leave it to Oda.

And finally, a note on Paulie. I was glad to see the old "spaz Paulie" again after all that seriousness. And something I noticed in particular was the panel-shot of him right after Luffy declared them all comrades. Interesting pensive look, hmm . . . . .

And Sanji, my dear, you are badass as always, even (or maybe especially) when soaking wet.

A slightly higher quality scan of the 366 by Ritual is out. Hopefully someone will mirror it over here.

Woohoo! Finally. :D

I think it's l33t that the bulls are named Sodom and Gomorra. I did a double take on that one. (just a side note in response to Capt'n Carter - it actually says in the bible that the specific sins that Sodom and Gomorra was destroyed for was pride, excess and unwillingness to help the needy).

ANYWAY... it made me happy to see Luffy join together with the Franky Family and Galley-la. After all that, everyone is forgiving. It almost made me tear. ^_^ I don't think it'll be too much for them all together. Franky Family is awfully wounded, plus we all know how strong CP9 is.

Another amusing note: Nami keeping the baby den-den mushi in her cleavage. XD

So Sanji freed Franky and Usopp afterall. I sometimes get a little annoyed at how lately Oda keeps skipping details, but I guess the story would drag if he didn't. I still want to see Sanji freak out about Franky's speedos. XD Poor Usopp, the human kite. :lol:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I thought Sodom and Gomorrah rocked too. And I don't think it's going to be too many good guys with all the Franky Family, Lulu and Tileston along... they aren't anywhere near powerful enough to take on CP9, so they'll probably just fight grunt marines, cause a distraction, or something else. The main fights will still be the Straw Hats along with Paulie and Franky.
    Funniest moment ... Luffy realizing that Rocketman's "special seat" doesn't work out the way the Merry's did.

I thought T-bone was cool as well - nice to see more Marines who actually stand for justice. One thing One Piece is really good at is showing how essentially ambivalent any "authority" group - police, military, etc. - is, with some people who truly believe in promoting the common good through their actions, and others who are simply corrupt or on power trips. And the fact that he looked like some kind of undead was just icing on the cake.
    http://muertitos.comicgenesis.com - a webcomic for the deceased kid in you.

Yeah! I'm sure he'll comment on those, though.

I don't think CP9 will be overwhelmed, I just think there're too many people. Why show all 50 of the Frankies plus the Galley-la bros?

Not that I'm complaining; Kiwi is hot. :lol:
    Bad move, bub!

"(just a side note in response to Capt'n Carter - it actually says in the bible that the specific sins that Sodom and Gomorra was destroyed for was pride, excess and unwillingness to help the needy)."

Sorry, there's so many variations to some of these damn stories.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

classic...[attachmentid=132]
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

Amen to that (Kiwi being hot, that is, dang the posts are going fast here). Any excuse to show the Square Sisters is A-O-K with me.

And yeah, it does say in the Bible that the sin of Sodom was refusing to help those in need -- but the ardent homophobes tend to gloss over that.
    http://muertitos.comicgenesis.com - a webcomic for the deceased kid in you.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on T-Bone. What a freak...an ugly, gentle, kind one. This should be interesting. XD

Of course, Luffy's going to take out Lucci. I don't think he's ever fought a Zoan type before.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Wow, about the DenDen Mushi... Think of Sanji's note: "Please think of it as your lovely me!"

I hope Nami doesn't take that message seriously.

Originally posted by CosmicDebris@May 13 2005, 04:06 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on T-Bone. What a freak...an ugly, gentle, kind one. This should be interesting. XD

Of course, Luffy's going to take out Lucci. I don't think he's ever fought a Zoan type before.
    [snapback]48519[/snapback]
    That's actually pretty.. Shocking.. Considering how many villains we've seen.
    It'll be interesting to say the least.

And yeah, it does say in the Bible that the sin of Sodom was refusing to help those in need -- but the ardent homophobes tend to gloss over that.
    I'm not a homphobe (not that you said I was), but that's usually how I heard the story explained, the whole misconception was probably started by Jack Chick...

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

That Chick guy is craaaazy.

Well, at least there are no suprises in this fight. He's seen all of Rokushiki, and Zoan gives no extra abilities. But this'll still be the toughest fight, easily. Just don't give up on your own strength, Luffy!
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by UPRC+May 13 2005, 02:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UPRC &#064; May 13 2005, 02:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CosmicDebris@May 13 2005, 04:06 PM

Of course, Luffy&#39;s going to take out Lucci. I don&#39;t think he&#39;s ever fought a Zoan type before.
    [snapback]48519[/snapback]
    That&#39;s actually pretty.. Shocking.. Considering how many villains we&#39;ve seen.
    It&#39;ll be interesting to say the least.
    [snapback]48524[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    An all-out close combat then&#33; Total physical (unlike Logia), no tricks (not like Foxy), but just like vs Arlong&#33;

Originally posted by Cap&#39;n Carter@May 13 2005, 04:16 PM
    I&#39;m not a homphobe (not that you said I was), but that&#39;s usually how I heard the story explained, the whole misconception was probably started by Jack Chick...
    [snapback]48525[/snapback]
    Jack Chick.... please don&#39;t say that name again. I&#39;m getting the whillies just thinking about him.

yeah, i don&#39;t think Luffy has ever fought a Zoan before...
    should be interesting... aside from the Rokushiki, this is almost a total battle of strength ... hahaha.... Luffy will probably come up with some very creative and interesting attacks for Lucci :P
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

T-Bone looks ... well "boney" :lol: he scares me though.
    and lol where Nami keeps the snail phone :lol: guess that&#39;s the only place with enough space :)
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Thanks for the chapter and translation.

I&#39;m glad Lulu and Tileston are coming along; same with the Franky Family. This ought to be interesting...

And, &#39;ya know... When I saw T-Bone, I immediately thought Han&#39;nya from Ruroken. Just an idle comparison, but... meh.

Things are picking up, and things can only go up from here.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information