+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Official Thread

Default "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Official Thread

It's been two years since the events in Terminator 2. Wanted for grand property destruction and accessory to the murder of Miles Bennett Dyson, Sarah Connor and her son have been running from the law ever since the fate of the world was changed; only now they're not just running from the law, Skynet is back.

Cast

Sarah Connor: Lena Headey (300)

John Connor: Thomas Dekker (Heroes)

Cameron: Summer Glau (Serenity)

James Ellison: Richard T. Jones (Judging Amy)

Double Premiere

Saturday January 13th - 9:00 PM EST

Monday January 14th - 9:00 PM EST

The show will continue to air all 12 episodes of the first season on Monday nights at 9:00 PM EST following Prison Break.

[youtube]ijBgfagicPg[/youtube]

This show is going to be epic. After seeing the pilot a couple of months ago and nearly shedding a tear at its beauty, I can honestly say that, as a Terminator fan and a regular film enthusiast, this has the potential to become THE show of 2008. I highly recommend it to anyone, and hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do and will.

Default Re: "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Official Thread

Of course they would say the Classic Line. Heh. This is shaping up to be a great show so far.

Edit: It was pretty good. I cannot wait to see more.
    Last edited by Anime Master; January 13th, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

I can't find my copy of the original pilot that found its way to the internet, but did anyone who has seen it notice the extra scenes? The chip scene with Cameron and Sarah getting her wound stitched by Cameron were new I believe.

Also, is it just me or did they replace the original fiance who I remembered as some sort of nerd and replace him with this buff tuff dude? Cause I'm observant, I mean, I watched that pilot a couple of times and I didn't remember that tattoo he had, and I totally remember the fiance wearing a suit and crying when he saw the TV in 2007.

Either way, great episode. CANNOT WAIT for tomorrow.
    K-F|Jango

So now that it aired...was it any good, or full of cancer and fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

It is a new guy. I thought he was good.

Tommy, this will be 30x better then T3 if it stays as strong as this.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

I liked it, though wtf. Sarah Connor is like n times hotter than the Linda Hamilton version. Being buttfuckugly is part of her character.
    buttcheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Master View Post
    Tommy, this will be 30x better then T3 if it stays as strong as this.
    So the pilot was good?
    Well, alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

Wise Sage

I enjoyed it. They made a good choice with Leana Heady. The only complaint I have about her is that she can't do the infamous monologue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Swoes View Post
    So the pilot was good?
    Well, alright!
    The pilot was more than good, it was amazing. The show will be epic.

Despite being a huge (and biased) Terminator fan, this will pretty much be the best show on Television (which with the strike isn't difficult, but even without the strike it would still be on the top 5 toward the top).

For me, it's number one, and I do not plan on missing one damn episode.
    K-F|Jango

Alright well somebody has to say it-thought the show sucked. Awful. I'm a fan of the old Terminator movies (except 3 which was alright), so maybe I'm a little biased, but damn this was like watching one of those action movies that you and your friends rent just to laugh at.

Reasons:
    1. Bad script. Now I know a show that is to be mainly action sequences shouldn't have some amazing and deeply thought-provoking words, but come on. Things like "Class is dismissed," when the Terminator jumped out of the classroom made me burst out laughing. Every time John said something he was either complaining about his life or asking someone to help him with his problems. There were some redeeming parts though. I did like most of Sarah's lines (like that monologue at the beginning) and at least the "good" terminator explained stuff as it happened (like the whole time travel thing) so I wasn't completely lost. Also, the dialogue between John and the Terminator at the gas station, and the scene with Sarah and...that guy in bed (forgot name) was well done IMO.

2. Action sequences were annoying as hell. Now some people can pull off the shaky camera thing in action scenes and make it look cool-for this show it just looked like the camera man had Parkinson's. On top of that they did the ZOOM IN ZOOM OUT REAL FAST TO MAKE THE ACTION MORE DRAMATIC!!!1!! To the point where (in the fight in the house) it was almost hard to tell what was happening. At least the fight scenes were well-choreographed

3. The dream sequence at the beginning. WTF! Dream sequences are my biggest pet peeve in any form of media. The only time a dream sequence should be in anything is to reveal something not previously known or at least advance the plot in some way. This did none of that. There was no point to it except to add needless action at the beginning to "draw people in." If a show needs shit like that to draw you, you can pretty much tell it's gonna suck. It just seemed like they didn't have enough time so they added the dream to fill up space.

4. Plot holes. If Terminators can run as fast/faster than cars then why didn't the "bad" terminator catch up to the others after he re-booted? Alot of shows do crap like this though so I can overlook it.

As I said there were some good parts and, for TV, the graphics and such were top-knotch and the Terminator just looked badass. But even that can't make up for the rest (at least for me).

"Come with me if you want to live"

lol

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks1Piece View Post
    3. The dream sequence at the beginning. WTF! Dream sequences are my biggest pet peeve in any form of media. The only time a dream sequence should be in anything is to reveal something not previously known or at least advance the plot in some way. This did none of that. There was no point to it except to add needless action at the beginning to "draw people in." If a show needs shit like that to draw you, you can pretty much tell it's gonna suck. It just seemed like they didn't have enough time so they added the dream to fill up space.
    Any fan of the series knows Sarah Connor frequently has bad dreams, the opening sequence wasn't any different than Linda Hamilton's dreams of Judgement Day. As for the script, I agree the class dismissed line was out of context, but the rest of the show was very well written. They're working with what they have and I'm very pleased with the show's turnout.
    K-F|Jango

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

I saw a bit of it, but I can't get over the fact that this show is one big plot hole.

Wise Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    I saw a bit of it, but I can't get over the fact that this show is one big plot hole.
    Well, it was said that the show takes place in a different timeline than T3. I'm fine with that. At the moment I'd gladly accept this over T3.

On another note, this night's episode was pretty good. Less corny lines, and one or two characters from T2 reappearing. It's highlight for me was Sarah shoving a knocked out Cameron out of a window, which I found slightly humorous.

Wow what an episode man. Great character development and the plot is moving in really awesome direction... man.

I wonder what Cameron is hiding.

And what of this resistance fighter in the shadows? Loving it.
    K-F|Jango

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information