+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: General Persona Thread

Default General Persona Thread

This thread has been long-coming. In fact, I'm pretty surprised nothing's been made on it until now.

Basically, the game's awesome. One of my favorite things (as lame as this may sound) is how there's actually a huge emphasis on the main character's social life and school activities, which are pretty much all but totally ignored in most other RPGs. Also, you can explore the dungeon at your leisure; but if you don't visit it often enough to level up or do quests, you're kind of fucked. So managing time effectively becomes an important skill to the game.

The main cast is actually fairly likable (though I don't care for Junpei, Yukari, or Fuuka). My favorite party is Akihiko, Koromaru, and Ken. Koromaru's probably my favorite party member overall, though.

For those who've played; who're your favorite Personas and Social Links?

My favorites of the main character's Personas would probably be Kohryu, Beelzebub, Lucifer, Chi You, Melchizedek, King Frost, Pale Rider, Daisoujou and Omoikane. From the other main characters' personas, I really like Caesar (Akihiko's 2nd form Persona), Cerberus (Koromaru's Persona), and Nemesis (Ken's first persona).

As for S. Links... Hierophant (Bunkichi and his wife) and Tower (Mutatsu, the awesome monk) were definitely my favorites (for obvious reasons). I also really liked Devil (Tanaka), Temperance (Bebe), and Moon (Gourmet King). My least favorites are probably Fortune (I only got to level 2 in it), Hanged Man (little girl in the park..), Death, and Judgement.

I'm at level 99 right now... I've just been levelling party members and Personas because I still feel like killing shit. Basically, nothing in the game can really even challenge me anymore; most (if not all) of my Personas absorb or block every physical attack, they all have awesome spells, the two I use most (Lucifer and Beelzebub) have an ability that full your HP/SP to full after every battle, and if anything gives me any trouble, I can pretty much instantly end the battle. I've even beaten the Reaper.

For people who haven't gotten to the end yet; be sure to max out the Star S. Link. Lucifer is a really awesome Persona, and he has an amazing dual attack with Satan. I'd also recommend maxing Devil and Tower, as Beelzebub and Chi You are pretty amazing.

And FES is allegedly confirmed to be coming here, though details are still scarce.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Default Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

I still don't have it yet.

But Persona 2: Eternal Punishment was awesome, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I've been meaning to pick this up, but just haven't had the time to make a bit of cash to go nab it. What RPG does it most resemble gameplay-wise? Is it pretty typical, or is there some kind of button pressing to it ala Paper Mario or Odin Sphere?

The entire premise sounds extremely fun, like a wacky RPG injected with Harvest Moon or something.

Lesse...

Favorite Persona: Orpheus, Black Frost, Jack Frost, Trismegistus, Artemisia, Oberon, Caesar, King Frost, Kohryu, Queen Mab, Melchizedek, Nemesis, Nebiros, Atropos, Norn, Abaddon, Beelzebub, Seiten Taisei, Masakado, Saturnus, Chernobog, Dionysus and it's not playable, but Moros.

Favorite Social Links are Bunkichi/Mitsuko, Mutatsu, Yuko, Mitsuru, Akinari and Bebe.

Pretty awesome game, I was playing it almost non-stop for a while after I got it.

The RPG system is pretty basic.

Here's artwork of some of my favorite Personas:

Spoiler:

Omoikane

Pale Rider

Daisoujou

King Frost

Melchizedek

Chi You

Kohryu

Lucifer

Beelzebub

Omoikane looks really neat.

I haven't found the time to really sit down and play it yet(still haven't gotten Fuuka) so I'm still REALLY early in the game.

but damn, those abilities sound overdose.

Is there any benefit to keeping Orpheus by the way? I have since he was the initial Persona and wondered if I'm wasting my time or not.

Yeah there's no point to having him around since he only learns like 3 skills (that suck)

Eventually Elizabeth will get the Compendium, which lets you buy back any previous Personas you've had.

I haven't played my copy in so long. I think my party is around lvl65-70. King Frost and Chi You are my favorite persona so I always used them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    Omoikane looks really neat.
    Yeah, I used him a lot at the start of the game. Sadly he's one of the lower levelled ones so you can't really use him later in the game.

Here's artwork of my two favorite S. Links:

Spoiler:

Hierophant

The Tower

....told you the reasons were obvious.

And yeah, I know I mentioned I got to 99, but it honestly isn't a huge feat. When you get to the top of Tartarus, a dungeon full of really strong monsters opens up, and I jumped from 80 or so to 90+ within 1 or two hours.

Would pick this up, but am trying to ween off of the Playstation 2 until getting a Playstation 3 [if that ever happens].

Not really sure why, though.

EDIT: Hahaha, just noticed that that old guy is named The Tower. Kind of weird, since an extremely important part of Gohn's manga is named the same thing, except in all capital letters.

Well that's not his name per se, but the Social Link he is, and the arcana of Personas your relationship with him influence. His name is Mutatsu.

I just remembered another of my favorites, Dionysius:
    Spoiler:

And here's my favorite Personas from your party:

Spoiler:

Caesar (Akihiko's evolved Persona)

Nemesis (Ken's first persona; I was pretty sad when it evolved)

Cerberus (Koromaru's persona)

I like Incubus

Spoiler:
    Is that shinjiro thats inside ceaser's chest?

Shin Megami Tensei has always been good at makin' interesting monsters.

Some of the shit from Digital Devil Saga looked really neat. Still need to finish that game.

Yeah, Incubus is pretty awesome. I kind of have a softspot for Legion as well.

I hope FES comes here, I can't wait to use Mara (though he'll mostl ikely get neutred by the censorship.... pun intended).

There was this guy that was translating innocent sin

http://www.crosser.altervista.org/fo...p?showtopic=80

But he stopped for a long while.most likely for good

So it looks like FES IS coming out in August!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

Pretty sure it's out in April, unless that was changed.

I've wanted to check this out. I'm glad I waited so now I can get FES.

Default Persona 4

Looks like Atlus is working on another Persona game for ps2!

You can checkout some info and screenshots here

I can't wait and i'm hoping for a US release

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information