+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 492 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 9821

Thread: General Cosplay Thread

Default Re: General Cosplay Thread

You know that you don't have to come if you don't feel safe (from illness or otherwise ). No one is holding a knife to your throat and saying you have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfruitgrower View Post
    Lol, I'm 1 month away from completely being over mono, I'll be damned if I'm going to get this!
    That aside, I got over my paranoia about it a few days ago. But yes, I'm going to get paranoid when somthing threatens what is the happiest weekend of my life.
    OK I am being a cranky bitch right now...but....really Pat? How effing dumb are you?

You are going to a convention where most people don't care about hygiene. People always talk about getting con flu after going to a con. Whether it is the swine flu or some other random disease/bacteria/virsus/whatever, you have a possibilty of getting something. Actually you have a possibilty of getting something anytime you go out in public.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

I will totally chance catching ANY ILLNESS to get out of this shithole and down to Dallas this weekend xDDD We've got too much stuff to do, cosplay, pictures, all kinds of stuff to finish and start this weekend. Akon is sooooo close.

If you constantly worry about life, you're taking all the fun out of it xD Just have fun, don't take it too seriously. I cannot WAIT till this weekend. I'm almost counting the HOURS XDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    I will totally chance catching ANY ILLNESS to get out of this shithole and down to Dallas this weekend xDDD We've got too much stuff to do, cosplay, pictures, all kinds of stuff to finish and start this weekend. Akon is sooooo close.

If you constantly worry about life, you're taking all the fun out of it xD Just have fun, don't take it too seriously. I cannot WAIT till this weekend. I'm almost counting the HOURS XDDDDD
    don't forget to take lots of pictures!!!! I am getting married this weekend, although I would so rather be at a convention. XD

DA LJ twitter

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild View Post
    don't forget to take lots of pictures!!!! I am getting married this weekend, although I would so rather be at a convention. XD
    OH WOW O_O Congrads!!!! I can't say I'm EVER going to get married nor do I want to with how bad my last relationship was, but I sure can't blame anyone who's in that possition that wants to :3 Good luck with it, I hope everything goes wonderfully!!!!! That's soo exciting xDDDD

and ho yeah.. we're taking pictures.. might be mocking up Super Nova cosplay to go to a Rocky Horror Picture show.. OH MY GOD I hope so anyways xDDDDDDD

My personal opinion, if you ever want to get married elope. I so do not want this wedding at all.

hahaha SN at RHP would be funny as hell!

DA LJ twitter

We aren't sure yet, there's a LOT of stuff we gotta get done this weekend, not to mention I gotta get my ass working on the Kidd wig xDDD I sooo suck at doing anything productive x_x;; hehehe I'm gonna do my best though. I do need to figure out the best way to blot out my eyebrows.. I know someone posted what worked really well, but I don't think I saved it AND if I did, that computer crashed and we're on a different one right now =_=;; damn anchient computer... argh.

lol I have seen several tutorials and such for the eyebrows.

I tried the fake scar tissue and it work out ok...but I need to go to a light blue colour and it made it slightly darker and really thick looking.

I have been told also about taking a glue stick and rubbing over my eyebrows...but I haven't tried that method.

There is also some like eyebrow wax sealer out there somewhere that is suppose to work really well....

DA LJ twitter

The eyebrow method I use is wax over the brows, cover the wax with a thin layer or two of liquid latex, then powder and makeup to match my flesh tone. I haven't tried the Elmer's glue stick method yet, but I really want to see how it works.

Also, omnichild congrats! The planning may be a pain, but I'm sure it'll work out to be lovely.

Lol, I'm 1 month away from completely being over mono, I'll be damned if I'm going to get this!
    Now that I've had a chance to finish my work for the night.. let me ask you this...

You want to come to a convention of at least 14,000 people while you carry MONO on yourself..that while you have immunities to...are going to be around people who do not, or have never had it...

.....and you're worried about the flu? Really Pat? REALLY??

PS: I have not had any Mono immunization. I would appreciate you staying back so I don't end up inadvertently passing it to the guests..or worst, my family. Thanks.
    Last edited by cactusmomma; April 30th, 2009 at 03:57 AM.

i'm only worrying about them closing boarders. at least akon is a month away. I'm going damn it. You just wash your hands, don't stick your dirty fingers in your face, and smack the people that don't know how to cover their mouth when they cough.

Quote Originally Posted by junkeemunky View Post
    The eyebrow method I use is wax over the brows, cover the wax with a thin layer or two of liquid latex, then powder and makeup to match my flesh tone. I haven't tried the Elmer's glue stick method yet, but I really want to see how it works.

Also, omnichild congrats! The planning may be a pain, but I'm sure it'll work out to be lovely.
    Thankyou JM!!! I will be trying this VERY soon as I wanna look as eyebrowless as POSSIBLE without actually you know.. shaving them off.. I am REALLY not going to do that, hehehe xDDD I don't wanna look freakier than I already will x_x;; ahahahaaa

I might try both just for fun, I've got the time before the con to have fun with it xDDD Thankyou guys very much, I really appreciate the help!!! <33333

I don't wanna!! Devilfruitgrower's Avatar
    Some small town that you drive through to get to Chicago

lol, ok ladies, you make your points well heard. I got to these because I enjoy it and I get to hang out with you.

and PS. I stopped being contagous back in Oct, thank you very much. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then getting it from me at this point.

Thanks E1n for the sig, and Traitor_Jim for the refine.

.. dude.. I just got some different pants for my Bellamy cosplay..

The are the PERFECT EXAMPLE why girls with BIG ASS'S AND LEGS should .. NEVER wear white.. EVER.. Sooooo to hide my embarassingly huge legs, I tried to get a cincher.. uh..I thought a size LARGE would be big enough.. then I look at the tag AFTER I get home stupidly, and it says 28-30 inch waist.. mine's AT LEAST 35 right now.. o____o.. ahahaha.. ahaha.. I am SOOOO POSTING PICS and you guys have to be honest and tell me what you think XDD I just don't like my other pants, they're white jeans that are TOO BIG now, and I can't hem them so they look like horrible shit. So I just got Capri pants today, they look JUST like high waters on me since I'm sooooo damn short.

Pics later after sleep. I even shaved my legs for the occasion xD

you got short legs too? It sucks always having to add $10 to the price of every pair of pants I buy cause I need them hemmed. And then if I go and loose some weight, the bottoms drag again. :\

MoonNeko, I should also add about the eyebrow makeup - I usually fix up my eyebrows a little bit, like pluck them if they're crazy bushy, but not anything major. Otherwise, it's just a pain in the ass to cover them.

And all that talk about pants just reminded me that I have to start sewing a pair soon. Soooo looking forward to that. Ugh.

I'm 5'2" and have what my mom jokingly calls a 'shelf butt'. I swear I could balance a book on it. I totally feel for ya, Moon. :(

vote vote Voute Voute VAULT VAULT.

and I get to hang out with you.
    Don't be so sure about that.

To make this post relevant to the board, most of Hancock shirt:
    Spoiler:

I don't wanna!! Devilfruitgrower's Avatar
    Some small town that you drive through to get to Chicago

Are you really going to be THAT busy? wow, good luck.

Well, I get my haircut for Acen soon, I somehow have to find the mix between Lupin's hair and Luffy's. I'll post pics when I get it. (Which I will hopefully get tmw)
    Last edited by Devilfruitgrower; April 30th, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks E1n for the sig, and Traitor_Jim for the refine.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
    Don't be so sure about that.

To make this post relevant to the board, most of Hancock shirt:
    how are you handling your "bust situation" for the convention? You just gonna go for it, or you got any tricks up your sleeve? I think that costume would make me nervous. *blush*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information