+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Now With Less Uncanny Valley Zone)

Default Re: Sonic the hedgehog 3/Sonic and Knuckles

Uh...yes it is. o__O; Shadow's up there, but SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (the GBA "port" of the first game) are by far the most god awful creations of the Sonic universe. STH is not only filled with extremely long loading times, but has MORE glitches than Sonic Adventure had. Sonic doesn't even move as fast as he used to, the collision detection is absolutely broken, and the story is absolute rubbish.

Sonic's Homing Attack doesn't even home in on enemies anymore. You have to hold down the direction you want Sonic to go in in order to pull it off. In basic terms of game play, you may as well just jump and turn Sonic in that direction in hopes of landing into them.

Sonic's also prone to dying. A lot. Take his encounter with Silver. If your timing with the Homing Attack is not accurate, you WILL die. Especially if you're slammed into a wall close by, as Silver will just walk right over there and launch you into the air just after you've gotten back up and attempted to grab a ring.

And as I mentioned about Sonic's speed, he moves slow in this game. Remember Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2? Specifically Speed Highway and City Escape? Remember how fast Sonic ran in those levels? Yeah, he runs nothing like that in this game. He's a lot slower in STH. :\

Don't even get me started on the story and the awful as hell designs. All in all, I would have NEVER in my years imagined Sonic the Hedgehog would turn out so awful.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

I mean their new character was a silver hedgehog named SILVER with psychic powers.

It's pretty obvious they aren't even trying anymore.

I forget if it was Carnival Night Zone or Marble Garden zone i always got stuck on in Sonic 3

if it was Marble Garden it was because of that skyhigh boss fight

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Sure I have beat the game couple times but, to be honest, I have no actual memories of what was in it. Something about Sonic I guess.

I've never finished any of the older games besides Sonic The Hedgehog. Special Stages always get me T_T

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony-kun View Post
    I mean their new character was a silver hedgehog named SILVER with psychic powers.

Trust me, they never tried when it came to characters and their names. I think there was a fancomic about it but most (and I do mean most) sonic character's names aren't that original. XD
    I won't go on their abilities.
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I forget if it was Carnival Night Zone or Marble Garden zone i always got stuck on in Sonic 3

if it was Marble Garden it was because of that skyhigh boss fight
    Ugh, that was probably one of the most frustrating boss fights. I remember losing so many lifes, especially the drill positions.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper View Post
    I've never finished any of the older games besides Sonic The Hedgehog. Special Stages always get me T_T
    If it's any help; the first 2 game's special stages are merely based on luck to finish, but u don't HAVE to get all chaos emeralds in them to get a better ending (especially Sonic 1 as it doesn't serve any purpose at the end of the game after collecting all emeralds).
    Now Sonic 3+Knuckles is ANOTHER story; there are patterns with which you can not only finish them in BUT get bonus score points and such.
    Just get an emu and ROM of the game and try IT, then implement it in the consoles.

Special Stages of Sonic the Hedghog 2 are pretty easy without the AI partner running around crashing into spike bombs. Otherwise those are pretty easy.

Actually now that I think about it, you're better off NOT getting Super Sonic in 2, it's a BITCH to finish Wing Fortress with Super Sonic...or maybe it's just me :P.

In the season of the witch

This made me curious about what people think of Amy and Rouge.

You don't wanna know some of the things some people think about Amy and Rogue. Trust me. D:

Big the Cat was the only worthwhile character made after the Genesis era

and the fan base apparently hates him

See the Sonic fanbase is like the antithesis of everything good in the world

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

In the season of the witch

Ehhh don't tell me it is sexual stuff :S

If that is the case, I can understand the reason of the "Trust Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Big the Cat was the only worthwhile character made after the Genesis era

and the fan base apparently hates him
    Sad, but true. I thought Big was cool.

Yeah, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was one of my favorite Sonic games. Though I kinda prefer Sonic 2 and Sonic CD. Before anyone jumps down my throat and tells me how "overrated" Sonic CD is, I probably wouldn't like it as much if not for the nostalgia. Same with Sonic 2, except people don't seem to think it's "overrated."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
    Before anyone jumps down my throat and tells me how "overrated" Sonic CD is, I probably wouldn't like it as much if not for the nostalgia. Same with Sonic 2, except people don't seem to think it's "overrated."
    That's cause most people are too busy trying to claim Sonic 2 is the best thing in the world. :P I personally found Sonic and Sonic CD better than Sonic 2. Sonic 2 just didn't have the same feeling as those two had, especially level design-wise. Plus Sonic 2's soundtrack was kinda less memorable for the most part, with only a few songs standing out.

I guess nostalgia plays a role in why I like Sonic CD so much. I thought the game was pretty amazing when I was a kid.

And I was shocked when I first found out people didn't like Big the Cat.

I hate Big the Cat.

But I hate Shadow, Rouge, Amy, talking Knuckles, talking Sonic, Silver, etc much much more.

I liked that robot in the first Sonic Adventure.

I liked Big and Gamma from SA. They were atleast smart enough to kill off Gamma before he became something horrid (like Omega). Big was just loveable. (As much as I hated having to fish for that frog.)

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I think the reason people hated Big was because of those fishing levels in Sonic Adveture. I know I loathed those, and it's been years since I played it.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information