+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1087

Thread: Lupin the 3rd

Default Re: Lupin the 3rd

Wait wut? Really?

I'm actually cool with Lupin, Part 1 getting an dub. I just like getting more Lupin dubs with the Geneon/Parts 4 and 5 cast.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    I just watched the whole green jacket series for the first time and I feel like there's a lot of things I want to say about it, but all I can think of right now is

Lupin
    He's a nice man
    But he's cool
    You know, he uses Walther
    Yeah
    The machine cries,"Bang bang."
    Yeah, he's the Lupin the Third.
    Nice man
    Yeah, he smiles
    And he gets angry....sometimes.
    But...he's a groovy guy.
    Yeah
    Lupin the Third
    Go. Go, man.
    You got to...feel it
    Yeah, Lupin
    Yeah, Lupin
    You're great
    Earworm lol .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Urgh... Made the mistake of watching the Return Of Pycal special.

It usually takes a lot for me to dislike a piece of the Lupin franchise, but that nonsensical pile of still shots, lousy early 00's CGI and naked ladies managed it quite easily.

Episode 0 of Part VI aired. Farewell old man, you earned your rest.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Might be the three doubles talking but it was pretty nice to share a drink to Jigen. Now...
    Spoiler:
    Come on is HERLOCK SHOLMES. Don't betray the source by using the inferior Conan Doyle detective.

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post

It usually takes a lot for me to dislike a piece of the Lupin franchise, but that nonsensical pile of still shots, lousy early 00's CGI and naked ladies managed it quite easily.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Yep, it's gonna take a while to get used to the new Jigen VA.

Dunno, he sounds a little like green jacket Jigen to me, which softens the blow a bit.

I'm waiting for the dub anyway. Just like I did for series 4 and 5.

The Japanese is great of course, and that's pretty much how I've seen most of the movies, but the Geneon cast is just SO good, they're my preferred group. Tony Oliver just IS Lupin, his is the voice I hear when I think of the character. Though he doesn't quite do the "in pain" sounds japanese Lupin does like when he touches something hot and goes "ya cha cha cha" but that is what it is.

It is a real shame that cast has never done a Cagliostro dub, and presumably never will.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm going to be waiting for Sentai's home video release for Part 6. I agree, the Pioneer/Geneon cast are so perfect for these characters.

A bit into pink jacket all i can say is that it feels like a fair attempt at a revamp, constantly hampered by it's bizarre sense of style, meh music pieces and goofier feel. Like in the hands of a not coked out art director this could've turned out respectable. But i mean stuff has to change and evolve, and this is one way to go about it, but it didn't pan out. Gotta admire the balls to try something weird tho, and i mean it has so far had some alright eps. But Fujiko looks even more off than a Miyazaki episode, which is suprisingly distracting. Like she doesn't really have a nailed down look to begin with, but my mind cannot process this as a take on Fujiko, it feels like the designers weird OC tags along all the time y'know

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post

It is somehow worse on re-watch, despite me remembering this as being utter garbage to begin with. The CGI stabs my eyes and the there is literally nothing there to engage your mind. Not popcorn machine bad, but it is down there with the crap Lupins

The fact that I can perfectly hear the "ya cha cha cha" says how well I was adjusted to the former VA line up. But I've only seen Cagliostro and from Fujiko sereis onwards, so...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    A bit into pink jacket all i can say is that it feels like a fair attempt at a revamp, constantly hampered by it's bizarre sense of style, meh music pieces and goofier feel. Like in the hands of a not coked out art director this could've turned out respectable. But i mean stuff has to change and evolve, and this is one way to go about it, but it didn't pan out. Gotta admire the balls to try something weird tho, and i mean it has so far had some alright eps. But Fujiko looks even more off than a Miyazaki episode, which is surprisingly distracting. Like she doesn't really have a nailed down look to begin with, but my mind cannot process this as a take on Fujiko, it feels like the designers weird OC tags along all the time y'know
    I watched a bit of pink jacket recently too...but later on, when I guess the art style gets even goofier. I was recommended episodes 30-40-something and most of them were actually decent. Except the one with the dolphin that wanted to marry Lupin.
    The art style is gross, though. Fujiko looks like ass.

I'm kind of obsessed with the closing credits. There's a really strong nostalgic quality to it. The moment I saw it, I felt like I had seen it before in the 80s, though that seems very unlikely. I suppose it just *looks* like stuff I watched in the 80s. 84-85 was the pinnacle of that nostalgia for me. Not to mention there's a sign for 94.7 KMET "The Mighty Met" which was a real station in LA that I used to listen to.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Fujiko looks like ass.
    Pointy chin and weird hair isnít doing it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Pointy chin and weird hair isn’t doing it for you?
    It's the eyes. They look...off

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I mean everything is off.

I watched a bit of pink jacket recently too...but later on, when I guess the art style gets even goofier. I was recommended episodes 30-40-something and most of them were actually decent. Except the one with the dolphin that wanted to marry Lupin.
    The art style is gross, though. Fujiko looks like ass.

I'm kind of obsessed with the closing credits. There's a really strong nostalgic quality to it. The moment I saw it, I felt like I had seen it before in the 80s, though that seems very unlikely. I suppose it just *looks* like stuff I watched in the 80s. 84-85 was the pinnacle of that nostalgia for me. Not to mention there's a sign for 94.7 KMET "The Mighty Met" which was a real station in LA that I used to listen to.
    Oh god it gets worse looking? I'm at like episode 20 and it's not exactly a prize now.

It is kind of weird because Lupin has always had kind of a goofy cartoony side to it, but at it's best it is kind of subdued, does real life cartoon make sense? Like there is for the most part a realistic enough tone to it all but people get blown up by bombs and walk away with soot on their face and all. But in pink jacket is kind of veers toward being just a cartoon. Dunno if that makes any sense just stream of thoughting it today

On TMS official youtube channel this weekend, they are going have the english dub premiere of Lupin the 3rd, Part 1.

I finished part 4

Oh man I really enjoyed this series, definitely gonna check out part 5 as soon as possible then go see some movies

The main cast is so damn enjoyable, and the premise of the story of a band of thieves who steal for the hell of it is simple enough that you can basically justify making this series till the end of time with different approaches to the story by different writers and keep it going as long as possible as long as the quality remains at a constant level and nothing to earth shattering happens

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    as long as the quality remains at a constant level and nothing to earth shattering happens
    Fair warning. Part 5 (and 6) is the same crew as 4 so the quality is pretty much the same, but if you branch out past that the quality is going to vary wildly as you see more of the franchise. Some of them are fantastic, some are awful.

Most fall somewhere in the middle though. Series 4 is more or less the usual quality.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information