+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42

Thread: Thundercats hoooooooo!

Default Re: Thundercats hoooooooo!

Guess it's all done.
    Spoiler:
    The Pumyra twist was definitely a surprise. Evrything else...Not so much. I could say more, but Robby and Gizmo covered it pretty well.
    Shame they didn't have more time.

Did they cancel it?

I couldn't get into, wasn't really a fan of the original either... but I thought it got a pretty good 1.5 mil to 1.7 mil per episode. About the same as Green Lantern and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    Did they cancel it?
    They're "in negotiations" for a second season. But if it wasn't a big enough hit to be given a go before the first season ended (and after there was a 5 month hiatus and a timeslot shift) and the toys aren't really moving, it doesn't look good overall.

Even if they DO get a second season now, a lot of the staff will have left in the interm, and the production time involved means it wouldn't air until fall 2013.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    They're "in negotiations" for a second season. But if it wasn't a big enough hit to be given a go before the first season ended (and after there was a 5 month hiatus and a timeslot shift) and the toys aren't really moving, it doesn't look good overall.

Even if they DO get a second season now, a lot of the staff will have left in the interm, and the production time involved means it wouldn't air until fall 2013.

But, if I remember correctly the entire staff was Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, with everything being done by Studio4oC. At-least that's what I got from Sam Register who said that all pre & production was done oversees. He also said on stage during a presentation that the old Thundercats made no sense.

Again, I didn't get into the old one or the new to make any judgement for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    But, if I remember correctly the entire staff was Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, with everything being done by Studio4oC. At-least that's what I got from Sam Register who said that all pre & production was done oversees. He also said on stage during a presentation that the old Thundercats made no sense.
    Writers, producers, storyboards, directors (both voice and animation) and dozens of other jobs have to be done locally first before shipping the animation to overseas. Just because you're able to retap the two lead guys doesn't mean you can get the rest of the staff to stick around.
    Last edited by Robby; June 17th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

The thing I'd be most interested in seeing is Pumyra next season.
    Spoiler:
    Given her plot for revenge, it must've been a huge slap in the face to see how compassionate Lion-O can be even though she died thinking Lion-O didn't care for her or the other cats they left behind. It would be interesting to see how that plays out, but alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

@silver

I can't remember the series back in the day. (just that i loved it) but my friend, who is a big fan of the show, admitted that the story made no sense a lot of the time. Her case in point, was an episode that involved a lake, and what ever the conflict/ story revolving around it was, they pulled the giant plug at the bottom of the lake and drained all the water. yup. "the giant plug at the bottom of the lake"

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    @silver

I can't remember the series back in the day. (just that i loved it) but my friend, who is a big fan of the show, admitted that the story made no sense a lot of the time. Her case in point, was an episode that involved a lake, and what ever the conflict/ story revolving around it was, they pulled the giant plug at the bottom of the lake and drained all the water. yup. "the giant plug at the bottom of the lake"
    I tried watching the older series a few years ago...It was really had to watch. The voice actors sounded sleepy or drugged to me. Snarf is irritating as hell. A lot of the episodes since they were very stand alone felt extremely bizarre. Also my biggest gripe even when I was a kid was that Lion-O would do the Thundercats ho thing when he was in danger and alone, the others would show up and the enemy would pretty much have been defeated by the time they got there.

That reminds me, I don't think the sword ever once seemed to give the Thundercats in this new series a little morale or power boost like it seemed to in the old one. No eyes lighting up or anything. And not cat symbol in the night sky.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information