+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mihawk's real reason ....

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Default Mihawk's real reason ....

Mihawk's real reason ....
    ...., he let Zoro alive was, in my opinion more than just his appreciation for Zoro's courage :

let me explain my theory,

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=1273

her you can see that Mihawk's intention was to kill Zoro, then

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=1274

when Zoro used his most powerfull technique (an ougi - secret technique)
    we saw (the last panel) Mihawk geting scared ( OK maybe not scared but there was a reaction)

I think he saw at that moment the real potential of Zoro and let him live.

Later we saw from Zeff's reaction that it wasn't normal for Mihawk to not kill his opponent, but it's understandable if it is because he saw a chance to get a worthy rival (like shanks) and not getting bored. Like we see Mihawk does things only to kill time because he was bored.

So here it is, I d like to hear some reactions
    thanks for the time and Ciao
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Default Re: Mihawk's real reason ....

i think you're right, it simply comes down to the fact he actually believes Zoro can actually surpass him.

Perhaps, he wanna wait till Zoro is more powerful and fight with him later.
    Bizard

Great point but I don't think this is a new concept. I think a lot of us realized this. I mean, if he wasn't worthy, he'd be dead.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Hahahaha yeah I never looked at it that way
    Nevermind people can still discuss the techniques , when Zoro will be at Mihawks level , etc..
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Maybe he is bored because his main rival (Shanks) is in a position Mihawk can't fight... And thinks Zoro can fill that gap.

rhaven

I highly doubt that Mihawk was surprised at the technique that Zoro used to attack. I think he was surprised that Zoro did attack. I think Mihawk was used to fighting guys that would be strong but once they realize that they were going to die they would run away. I think the fact that Zoro kept fighting is the reason Mihawk let him live.

Fighting off leukaemia :( ChopChopCannon's Avatar

"Don't give up on your life so soon, kid!"

Man, I can't wait for the final Zoro vs Mihawk fight.

Swords will shatter!
    Buildings will burst into flame!
    Clouds will split!
    Fanboys will die of heart attacks!
    Holy hole in a doughnut, Batman!

will zoro find an opponent so powerful that he will need to use the ougi again?? "you're the second man I will use this technique..." "uh...?" "the fist was for the strongest swordman in the world!" "!!!" XD

Has he not used it since then? I never thought it was anything that major and was only his last resort atack. He probably has something alot stronger now. However I think the reason he let him live was because he saw potential and was probably just thinking he didnt want to end his life if their was a chance it could be funner for him in the future. But yeah I do think Mihawk was surprised that he saw an atack like Zoros in the weakest of the seas.

Fighting off leukaemia :( ChopChopCannon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Has he not used it since then? I never thought it was anything that major and was only his last resort atack. He probably has something alot stronger now. However I think the reason he let him live was because he saw potential and was probably just thinking he didnt want to end his life if their was a chance it could be funner for him in the future. But yeah I do think Mihawk was surprised that he saw an atack like Zoros in the weakest of the seas.
    Yeah, I was thinking that Asura would probably be much stronger than Tri Elements Sword.
    Holy hole in a doughnut, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by ChopChopCannon View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that Asura would probably be much stronger than Tri Elements Sword.
    Agreed. Also a question about Asura, is it just an Illusion or does the Illusion actually do damage? I imagine its just an illusion though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChopChopCannon View Post
    it's odd... in portuguese the technique was translated like this: "Three Thousand Worlds"( San Zen Sekai ) is that wrong?
    Last edited by Elfu; November 29th, 2006 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfu View Post
    it's odd... in portuguese the technique was translated like this: "Three Hundred Worlds"( San Zen Sekai ) is that wrong?
    It's three thousand worlds I don't know where tri elements came from.

I think that is still his most powerful attack, for him to use it against the strongest swordsman in the world for his final attempt means it has to be good. If your about to die and fail at a promise you give it your all so to me three thousand worlds was his all.

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    i think you're right, it simply comes down to the fact he actually believes Zoro can actually surpass him.
    well yea.

but most of us figured that out when he yelled "SURPASS ME, RORONOA!!!!!"

Id say nice theory, but its not a theory, its basically how we were supposed to see it.

you know, about at this page:

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=1286

I guess that up until that moment Mihawk simply thought of Zoro as a fool who tries to use as many swords as he can hold, which, to be sure, is where is style started off (holding a bunch of those wooden training swords in each hand and mouth back in his childhood), and Mihawk has little patience with fools. But noticing he had mastered that secret move, a rarity for sure, he must have anticipated Zoro would become much greater than he was back then, thus deciding to let him blossom, so they could have some proper fightings in the future, because that's way more fun than just going about slashing some ships.

I think you've got something there. I agree with your theory sir.

One day they will duel again and this time zoro will win and declare " SURPASS ME!!! JARAQUILLE MIHAWK!!! "

then we will have a mihawk miniarc of trying to beat zoro and be the world best swordman or will he rather die?

Quote Originally Posted by ONEinchPUNCH View Post
    I think that is still his most powerful attack.
    Then whats changed? You think he's perfected it? What did that atack really do anyways? Like Asura it would seem impossible to be able to block Zoros swords if you didnt know which ones were the real ones.

What would asura have done against Mihawk? He isn't stupid he'd see straight through the illusion. Three thousand worlds looks powerful and hard to stop because of all that momentum. Also it is a secret technique their usually the most powerful moves in series. Now I'm only stating my opinion but to me it looks like oda is telling us something by using it only once, at a crucial time against the best.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information