+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mihawk's real reason ....

Default Re: Mihawk's real reason ....

The way I always figured it was that Mihawk was terribly bored with all the weaklings he's beaten with ease. Seeing some pirates (Kreig's fleet), he decided to have a little fun and torture them. After he noticed the head ship was leaving, he followed it just to pass the time. When he got the challenge from Zoro, Mihawk thought he was same as all the others, so he used that tiny sword. Here's when I start to go off on a limb, Zoro put the his third sword in his mouth, something I doubt Mihawk has seen before. When they fought, he saw the uniqueness of the technique, but was put off by Zoro's lack of skill. It was then that he pierced Zoro in the chest. Seeing that he didn't back down, Mihawk took the fight slightly more seriously and took out his black sword, to end the duel. It was then Zoro used the secret technique. Again, Mihawk was suprised that Zoro actually knew an attack such as that and spared his life, to duel him another day.

If you got anything out of that (my writing can go off a bit), I mean to say that Mihawk wanted to fight someone different than all the rest, and Zoro possesses the art that he is not used to. Thus, he wanted to see Zoro at full strength and let him live another day, hoping for a real challenge.

Man, I can't wait for the final Zoro vs Mihawk fight.

Swords will shatter!
    Buildings will burst into flame!
    Clouds will split!
    Fanboys will die of heart attacks!
    That's interesting -- I'm quite the fan of these characters, too -- but I want it to be the exact opposite of what you've described. Want it to be closer to the way that Greg (or was it Capt Carter? or was it *meh*?) half-jokingly invisioned the scenario:

I want Zoro and Mihawk stumble upon each other somewhere in the middle of nowhere, recognize each others' "expert swordsman aura", awkwardly draw swords (smashing a few flower pots or beer bottles or other expendable nearby objects), and have a fight that's so abrupt and so decisive that it's done in one slash or two. I want it to be so sudden and so unexpected that even the final "Don!" skips a beat!

Something like this :

recognition -- draw -- slice -- dust kicked up -- dust clears slightly -- confused bystanders shout "what the hell just happened?" -- dust clears fully -- loser of the fight now visible -- winner of fight now visible -- thin cloud circles overhead (a la Alabasta) -- DON!

However, when I say I want something "unexpected" to happen, please understand that I don't actually want Oda to go so far as to kill either of the swordsmen.

That would certainly be "unexpected" though ...
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

mihawk is tashigi's father
    enuff said XD

he'll do the "mask of zorro" stuff near end of series

Wasn't all this obvious in the first place? "Zoro, surpass me!" kinda solved the little mystery before it grew.

Mihawk admired Zoro's courage and laws, and decided that he would make a good opponant in the future.

I see many reasons.
    Like you said he saw potential.
    He lended up liking the guy with the whole "It's shameful to be sliced in the back." And the the whole idea of accepting his defeat.
    And also seeing that his katana didn't break. If that Wadou Ichimonji didn't break that could mean it can be as strong as the Black sword. Why waste such a good Katana? (You can't really take away a Meitou from it's owner. Every swordsman knows this.)

well when zoro challenged mihawk, mihawk must have thought zoro was just one of those fools who just fight him all out because they are too dumb and arrogant, and get all pants-wetty when they realise the truth

then zoro showed:
    1) he was not afraid of backing away from loss. he works his best for it, and if it still comes, he admits it with humility. never daunted. only such a person can excel in life if he's not afraid to face challenges and take things as they come.
    2) even in his loss, he feared nothing of death. he showed mihawk that he, in addition to the above, has a PASSION for being a swordsman. he will live a swordsman, and die a swordsman. he doesn't use swords to live, he lives to use swords.

he proved mihawk wrong right then, right there, and mihawk must have been pleased to see another strong soul(from point 1) with a strong passion(point 2) for sword wielding, like i'm guessing he himself was.

-Splendid!-

Roronoa D. Zoro

I also looking forward for the battle... I think it sould be the best battle in the whole series...

but I hope that Zoro will gain all 3 Kitetsus for the fight... Sorry Wado Ichi Monji but the Kitetsu are cooler

Quote Originally Posted by ONEinchPUNCH View Post
    What would asura have done against Mihawk? He isn't stupid he'd see straight through the illusion. Three thousand worlds looks powerful and hard to stop because of all that momentum. Also it is a secret technique their usually the most powerful moves in series. Now I'm only stating my opinion but to me it looks like oda is telling us something by using it only once, at a crucial time against the best.
    Asura probably wouldnt have done anything against Mihawk, but I deffinately think it would make him use his sword, he would probably die if he used that little pocket knife.

Unless Zoro has perfected it which I dont really think it can be improved much, then I doubt its his strongest move. If it is then you could basically say he will never reach Mihawk. I might have thought differently if Mihawk had to do more than just stick out his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa D. Zoro View Post
    I also looking forward for the battle... I think it sould be the best battle in the whole series...

but I hope that Zoro will gain all 3 Kitetsus for the fight... Sorry Wado Ichi Monji but the Kitetsu are cooler
    If he gives up Wado Ichimonji, he gives up his promise to fulfill his dream for both him and Kuina.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Asura probably wouldnt have done anything against Mihawk, but I deffinately think it would make him use his sword, he would probably die if he used that little pocket knife.

Unless Zoro has perfected it which I dont really think it can be improved much, then I doubt its his strongest move. If it is then you could basically say he will never reach Mihawk. I might have thought differently if Mihawk had to do more than just stick out his arm.
    Of course it can be improved he could spin the swords faster, swing harder and he could also implement his spirit into it. Creating a and asura type sanzen sekai which would annihilate any other move.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaker View Post
    mihawk is tashigi's father
    enuff said XD

You know what? For quite some time now I thought it would be interesting when mihawk has a daughter who fights Zoro at some time XD
    It doesn't have to be Tashigi though...

But, do you think they will send the Shichibukai after the SH after all that has happened?
    And I also wonder about Mihawk's reason for becoming a Shichibukai in the first place... With his strenght, why is he listening to the WG? O.o

~~~A crew to beat them all~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Dahna View Post

But, do you think they will send the Shichibukai after the SH after all that has happened?
    And I also wonder about Mihawk's reason for becoming a Shichibukai in the first place... With his strenght, why is he listening to the WG? O.o
    shichibukai dont listen to no WG. maybe he did it cuz of the title and not haveing WG on his butt, and to kill strong pirates.

or he did cuz he wanted to be a hollywood pirate

Roronoa D. Zoro

Quote Originally Posted by Angel emfrbl View Post
    If he gives up Wado Ichimonji, he gives up his promise to fulfill his dream for both him and Kuina.
    Maybe it was a bit to hard from me... I didn't believe that Kuinas Sword will broken... It was just my illusion...

But for the Kitetsu I think he should get the second one... and later the first... but he should only carry only one cause 3 swords with a curse would be too much for Zoro too

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AD-HD Pirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEBEARD View Post
    shichibukai dont listen to no WG. maybe he did it cuz of the title and not haveing WG on his butt, and to kill strong pirates.
    Well, actually they do. Not so much, but they kinda have to.
    I believe that it is in their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-HD Pirate View Post
    Well, actually they do. Not so much, but they kinda have to.
    I believe that it is in their contracts.
    ZEhahahahaha but do they flow to that contract ZEhahaha nope... there still pirates after all......... HOLLYWOOD pirates zehahahahaaha

ZEhahahahaha but do they flow to that contract ZEhahaha nope... there still pirates after all......... HOLLYWOOD pirates zehahahahaaha
    Well, some does, some not...
    Kuma is good example.

Could you drop that Zehaha-thing, please?

Quote Originally Posted by AD-HD Pirate View Post
    Well, some does, some not...
    Kuma is good example.
    How so ?

How so ?
    Well, it is all my own speculation.
    But with all the bibles and stuff, he hits me kinda guy, who is religious, loyal, silent...etc.

Maybe he is most loyal to WG of all the rest shichibukais?
    At least I think so.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information